Sign in to follow this  
NWATech

Taxiway Lines

My taxi lines are not showing up. I want to use the road with a it's minnimun width. I select my texture complied and did not show. The taxiways were drawn using polygons. I have tried different layers and still no. Could this have something to do with the harden feature?I am at a dead stop. The lines selection works perfect. I just want to use a drawn texture.Thanks:-)

You start off talking about taxi lines, then it seems you are talking about taxiways.I use Airport for Windows ver 157. I make my taxiways using polygons. I am using a selected texture and it shows up. I use the harden feature within the polygon edit page and have had no problems with the taxiways or lines showing up. The taxiways are at layer 8For taxiway lines (striping), I use Lines and Lines of Objects. The lines are at layer 20.

I am having trouble with the taxiway center line/stripe. I can make the lines show up no problem, but I do not like this appearance.I am trying to use a texture for the center line. So using the Create Road feature I am having no luck.My taxiways were made using the polygon feature.I am using Airport 2.9 build 26.Sorry for not being so clear at first. Hope this is better.

Personally, I believe you would be better off using AFW 2.6 ver 157. Many new features were added that the AFW 2.9 Alpha 26 doesn't have. I reverted back when they fixed the taxiway line/arc corrections.

Well I guess I will go back to your suggestion. Here goes..........(-:What effect will it have on the airports I have been working on in v29 version?Can you tell me the features that have been left out of v29?ThanksJay

Guest gorchi

Hi NWATech!You made centrelines using road feature? Nice but sometimes not nice. They can flash if viewed from ground at some distance. but at least, You can control their width and texture. Anyway, I use the same thing in my sceneries (I use FSSC BTW) and make sure, You have taxiways (polygons) on layer 8 and roads on Layer 16. This way, they should appear. But these roads (i.e. your centrelines) will not appear on runway or on taxiway made by taxiway feature since they both have higher layer.Regarding airport and downgrading You may have trouble. The last buid I used was 110 (with APT 2.60) and at some points the file format was changed quite a bit so if one saved the scenery in let say build 106, You could not import it in build 85. Ask Tom Hiscox or anyone else in Airport support team if You'll have trouble.Hope it helps. Regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

:-hmmm Oh nooooooo........... :-hmmmI went back to 2.60 v157 and all my 3D objects do not show in FS.They are all there in Airport though. Wonder why.:-zhelp:-) I did make back-ups of everything first. :-)

Are they just small blue (default colors) blocks setting in about the correct spot?Good that you made backups though. Try compiling with 2.60 ver 157 and see if the objects are in the scenery.

Yes, all blue blocks placed in their correct spots.It all looks as it did before I went back to 260 v157.The scasm code for all is identical to the to the previous too.I have also compiled it outside of Airport and no help.I hope I can find the answer to this, majorly stumped. :-hmmm