Sign in to follow this  
Guest gorchi

How do I edit TOWER VIEW?

How do I edit "tower view" to view from my add on scenery airport enhancement? The FS2002 default position for the tower view is quite a bit off the real location? (I am using Architect 2002).

You have to go to the "map view" in FS and move small icon of the tower wherever it suits you best. Altitude of the viewpoint enter in the field to the left. Its fun to make this small changes and you can place it anywhere you want (except underground :)))Ted

Guest gorchi

Hi.You can do this two ways. First is using AFCAD and correct tower view there, the second one is a little bit more long but YOu can do it also this way.I do not know Architect but I think it can produce AFD files. If You can have source, go into FS, put in slew mode with cessna 172 and slew into the tower, to the location from where You want to have tower view. Then exit and go into FS2002 directory, find pilots (or flights) dir, and then go into myflyts subdir. There You'll have see a file Previous flight.flt. Open it with notepad, scroll down and find I think Aircraft section. You will find Lat/Lon/Alt information of aircraft where You have left the FS. Then in AFD file in Container section add Tower( lat lon alt 0 ) instruction (look at the correct format in SCASM documentation-www.scasm.de) and then compile this AFD file again. Now You should have tower in the right place.Regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net