Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claviateur

Can we exclude default airports grounds?

Guest Claviateur

Hi,I wonder if there is any method in the SDK that allows us to exclude the ground of the default airports (dirt or grass). They seem of the same type as the roads?ThanksMichel

Exactly my own query, post1309 'Texture '134b2fa1.bmp/Scenery SDKI tried deleting the file 134b2fa1.bmp, which worked, but unfortunately it took out a section of road which was crucial to my scenery. I did not want to go down the road(pun un-intended) of replacing the the road with a ground polygon.Even tried to delete lines in the Terrain.cfg that indicate which textures to use under the default runways.Somebody must know the answer or at least a work round.help usDave

Hi all.Airport backgrounds are Layer 4, VTP polygons, and are found in BGLs named as "abp??????.bgl" ( Airport Background Polygons ).There is a program that will write a small bgl to eliminate them from an LOD13 Area. The layer you wish to destroy is Layer 4.DefArea, by Christian Fumey.Dick

Hi dickI'm downloading as we speak, hope it can remove the back grounds, because they are a nuisance.thanks for the pointerDave

Guest Claviateur

Oh thanks for the tip. I tried DefArea but used layer 31 instead. I will try Layer 4CheersMichel

Hi DickI can't thank you and the author, enough because this really worked and the background has gone.This just makes my scenery look so much better.Many thanks to you and all others that help novices like me and I try to help others, as this how I think it should be!!Many thanks, this is a break through that I hadn't expected to solve.contribution to freeware scenery for others.RegrdsDave

Guest Claviateur

Hi Dave,I did not succeed to exclude the background of my airport. What did you do exactly? I hit start in the program and then I slew from top to bottom of my airport and then hit Stop and then copied the BGL to the main Scenery folder of FS2002, reloaded FS but the airport background is still there. Can you please tell me what you did exactly so it worked?ThanksMichel

Hi MichelWhilst over the background in a aircraft, with the program running on layer 4, I pressed stop and this then asked me if I wanted to create a exclude Bgl, which I did and then copied to my scenery design folder. your find the bgl in the folder where the program was installedNot sure want you did or didn't do.It was all trial and error on my part, it just happen to work much to my surprisehope you have the same sucess I didRegardsDave

Guest Claviateur

I think I got it now :)Thanks!Michel