Sign in to follow this  
Guest Barney1

Possible to hack Airport scenery location?

I d/led someone's nice KMEM scenery, but the airport is setabout 1800 ft too far East. Is it possible to hack the lat/longof the scenery, or does the author have to fix it in the sourceand recompile it?scott s..

Contact the author! You better have your facts straight, since I'm sure the author spent many, many hours aligning this scenery.Here is a quick check. Start fs2002, select the Memphis airport at one of the runways, check where you are located relative to the start point of the runway, select World on the Menu bar, select scenery library, deselect the addon Memphis scenery, click Ok. You should be back at the Memphis airport on the same runway. If you are pretty close, I wouldn't mention it to the author. If you are out in left field, then you might want to ask the author about it, nicely!

Guest Barney1

If the author has placed the airport as you suggest, there may be good reason. Assuming there is AI traffic, moving the site to the 'real world' location may cause the AI to appear in strange locations! You can test this at the same time that you are confirming the coordinates as suggested in the other post.