Sign in to follow this  

Airport area: removal of exclusion?

Hi,I have used the splendid utility DefArea to remove the grass area (terrain layer 4) completely from my airport. However, the airport grass area's autogen exclusion still exists, so where the grass area once was I have a wooden area without autogen! Is there any way to add autogen to this area by removing the exclusion information? Does anyone know where this exlude-info is (probably in a bg-file?)?/Sebastian

Hi Sebastian.You haven't given us enough information about your problem. We'd need to know the LAT-Long location of the airfield in order to recreate the effect.I'm suspecting an exclusion was made by the airfield, that supresses the autogen. It may be possible to re-introduce the autogen by using a VTP Method2 polygon, rather than the Airport Background Polygon deletion you have used ( DefArea ).You would need to match the surrounding ground-tile's texture, make a VTP2 poly the size of the abp ( or a little larger ), using a layer of 4 and the bReplace flag set. That may work, as VTP2s automatically tile to match the landclass style of tiling, and they can have autogen.Dick

Hmmm! I wonder what happens when you take everything away?? Is their just a big hole in the ground where you might fall to the middle of the earth?:-lol

The airport in question is Joensuu (EFJO), Finland. Anyway, I got the problem solved by myself earlier today. I made my own terrain from a syntheticly made bitmap with FS Terrain Calc and the new resample.exe, and after that I applied autogen to the blocks with Autogen Annotator. So now I've got it filled with autogen exactly as I wanted. However, I have another question. One of these blocks (which has its own 256*256 terrain textures) does not seem to accept autogen trees, but autogen buildings works just great. All other 39 blocks accept trees, so I wonder what it's all about.