Sign in to follow this  
Guest sapper42

FSDS BGL problem

Guest sapper42

G'Day ~~~can anyone please advise me where im going wrong .i can't get any BGL file i build in FSDS to show up in any airfield i create in FS2K2i follow the tutorial instructions to the letter but nothing shows.i use XP-Pro and my FS2K2 is on a diff partition than C:, could this be an issue ?its frustrating the heck out of me as ive fin~~~y gotten AS&D to build some local airfields for my friends studying for thier PPL and it would be nice to have more than the basic airstrip.thanks in advance :0)image of YBSS ( Bacchus Marsh - Victoria - Australia )

G'Day, Sapper:It's been awhile since I used FSDS...Are you doing these things:1. Making sure you've set the lat and long in the "project properties" under the file menu?2. Clicked the "auto" button under the scenery file header area?3. Made sure it is going in the Flight sim folder where it can be recognized?Hope this helps. FSDS isnt a bad program. I used to use it before going over to Gmax.John in INdiana

Guest Frank Betts

Nothing wrong with FSDS. easiest and most logical thing to use. My opinion of course. And make sure the object is above or even with the ground.

Guest sapper42

Thks guys, i get the feeling its a reformat and reinstall, all i can think of is the reg may have a problem as i know the lat/lon and elevation are fine.if i use the FSDS apprentice, the BGL inserts fine running from the main scenery folder in FS2K2 .just wont happen in FSDS, again thks for the feedback :0)

Guest sapper42

Ok got some measure of success, ive found out that the buildings do appear but! the Lon / Lat is way off. it seems that any object is placed about 50% off on the Lat seconds and 15% off on the Lon seconds. prob about 500 meters approx off Target .is there a discrepancy within MS FS2K2 similar to grid to magnetic variation anyone is aware of ?looking forward to any ideas :0)

Guest sapper42

Ok seems i found the Solution weird as it is,i managed to get the BGL's to inst~~~ with FSDS into FS2K2.if i reduce the seconds on the Lat by 40% and the seconds on the Lon by 39.5% the objects place where they are supposed to be.rather strange but it works