Sign in to follow this  

New version of AutoAsm available

Guest Claviateur

Hi Pablo,I think you have the same thing I had at first. In order to make your new coast crop the land, you need to fill the sea with landclass using a landclass program like Landclass assistant can do it. Also Chris is working on a new version of Autoasm that adds extra codes in the BGL to make the croping cleanerCheers!Michel

Hi Michel!I'm tried the method but, there are no changes in the coast..., Pablo

Hi Chris and all,first wonderfull job chris.I have one problem and a question.I have tried your two examples lake and Los angeles scenery with sucess.I had no sucess with my one scenery. I mean all is ok, I see the shape in AUTOASM it works fine, but there is no coast, I obtain squares of terrain or water on loads 13, but the original shape of coast is here and there is no new coast. (I have folllowed too the post of Dick, concerning LWMDATAAERADRAWPOLYGONS.with no sucess too )i think I have a problem with the correct .raw format. Can you tell me what are the exact parameters.It's an island . "hope there is no perticular problem with that.My question.my starting point is a scenery of a small island in brittany we realize the photorealist textures, and a mesh file, and covering the original one. but the mesh seems to be enclose in the original FS shape of the Island, all the points outside the FS shore are not visible the mesh seems to be cut and limited by the old shore. Do you think that working with AutoAsm I can solve this problem?I join you two shots of a test with a false mesh ,the first with our texture, the second with the fs defaut who show this enclosement.many thanks for your answerregards Dominique

Guest cwright

Hi, Pablo, it looks like you were able to create the bgl and place it into FS2002. Your screenshots show that everything appears to be correct. It may be that the position needs adjusting - if it's a bit too far to the east then you won't see anything as it doesn't cover the coast. As a test you could try placing the water over solid land, e.g. N10 E40. If you see the water there then you could try moving the position to the left a fraction of a degree. But if you don't see any water over solid land then I can't think what it could be. If you like, you could send me the image and ini file and I'll check it. Best regards, Chris

Guest cwright

Dominique, the raw file should be 8 bit monochrome - but if you were able to read the file into AutoAsm then it should be okay. I think the problem may be that you are using photo realistic textures. When I did the Los Angeles example I found that if I put water over the airport it didn't work, because it has photorealistic textures. But it sounds as if your problem is with the terrain mesh rather than with textures. I never had a problem adding terrain beyond the default shoreline, but I couldn't add generic textures. Of course it may depend on the exact geographical location. AutoAsm modifies the generic textures to create water but it can't modify the terrain mesh. I'm afraid I don't have the answer - but there are some experts around here who probably do! Best regards, Chris

Hi Chris many thanks for this fast answer.I will circle around the thing.what is sure, at the momment is if I leave textures and mesh from the scenery I don't see too my own coast .maybe as you said somewhere in this topic , my test are too large for the coast , I mean that I must be nearest from the FS shoreline well , I will continue and make some test in an other aera.the island in fs is not realy at the same place and any of the "lods "are not shared by the two solutions maybe it's a point....thanks againregardsdominique

Hi, ChrisI have solved the point I mean the use of AutoAsm , it works fine, the point was that FS2K2 doesn't like that the "lods 13" where the new shore line will be created are not covered by a land class texture as Dick says in this topic. I was under those limits.I must say here that I solved the problem in few minutes with the help of FSLANDclass sofware which is wonderfull.and AutoAsm do the job in "seconds" nicely. Well the two important things which are not solved for me( I read the tutorial from dick upon that), which will the end of your fabulous job (sorry, on my opinion, maybe viewed from my chapel) and one of my targets is : -try to optain a code to not flatten these coastal aera.-And, which is not totaly the same , try to give the ability to the mesh, or custom mesh(I mean some "magic code "to give the freedom to insert a custom mesh) to follow the new one as the designer design it or freely expand itself outside the limits of the defaut coast.I know it's hard( I have worked too in all direction to obtain a result, but ......sugestions are easyer than work, I know...but if it will work the circle will be closed.a last comment , which is strange that the procedure perfectly works in the other side, creating lakes and river , meshes follow the new design sometimes "hardly" but working.....regards Dominique