Sign in to follow this  
Guest christian

BGLPlacer won't work in southern hemisphere?

How does BGLC work in the southern hemisphere? I can't get it to compile anything, except when I change to N... not quite what I'm after!

Guest christian

Hi Robin,same here. Someone actually got it working for the southern hemisphere, so I'm wondering if its a smaller region affected by that bug, but there's no hope for NZ. M$ released a newer bglplacer in one of the scenery sdks. I haven't tried if that fixed the problem...Cheers, Christian

Hi Robin and Christian.luissa and I have been discussing BGLPlacer, BGLC code and SCASM. The code is virtually identical, so there would be no reason not to use SCASM, BGLC, or FSSC or Airport, instead of BGLPlacer.I actually had placed a capitol building in New Zealand with BGLPlacer, but I don't think we ever figured out why I was able to do it! :)I forgot there were 2 versions of BGLPlacer, so I'll look around for it.--------------editedFrom what I can tell, the 2 programs are identical. But the odd thing is I can place objects in the south. Robin, can you give me a coordinate and the object name you'd like to test. I'm suspecting that if not areas, then at least types of objects might not be able to be placed.I tried to place the Sphinx in the ocean at s23* 0.0000' w16* 0.0000'... it won't work. I then used fsregen to examine the sphinx. It's found in the Cities folder, under Cairo. :C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBCitiescairoSceneryCairo.bgl This is a Visual/Default data file Old file format (pre fs-7) Lat bounds : 29* 0.0004 to 31* 0.0004 Lon bounds : 30* 60.0 to 31* 60.0 UNCOMPRESSED file (FL_Spare2=0) no object data >> LIBRARY data at offset 80 no terrain data no msa data no VOR data no ADF data no facility data no dynamic data no Ecxeption data no misc data no mag.var.data no afd data=============================================Library Objects : 6 0026CAC22h,04C11EA1Fh,0770BE7B7h,06BF09586h, 0.5 0 0 DAHSHUR1 0B1E1AF32h,046CE89A2h,0198F8CACh,04259850Fh, 0.5 0 0 DAHSHUR2 0705A43B1h,048FA6C52h,0E3D1F680h,09B181546h, 0.5 0 0 PYRAMIDS 0159C621Bh,046C1A041h,0615183A9h,0841B2F11h, 0.5 0 0 SAQQARA1 0A89DE323h,04FD7E316h,0FA1F8193h,0A4F4B64Dh, 0.5 0 0 SAQQARA2 03A00FD81h,044894CC5h,018036F8Bh,09B7C1279h, 0.5 0 0 SPHINX=============================================Note that the bounds of the object prevent it from being displayed at my location! So just because BGLPlacer shows the object as available, it doesn't check to see if the object has Lat-Long restrictions. And that should be true if BGLPlacer, BGLC, SCASM or whatever.So it appears you'd have to use George's fsregen, or some other utility, to check the allowed bounds for each object, before you try to place it. But I still don't know if that's the problem with you'er having with BGLPlacer.Dick

Guest christian

yep, that's what I did, just stick with BGLC. I think my object wasn't 'header limited', but since it's long ago it may have been, although I did know about that problem beforehand...Cheers, Christian