Sign in to follow this  

Waves exclude

Any idea how we can exclude waves splashing on to polygons being used as land? The normal exclude does not seem to work.ThanksShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Look for a file in the Avsim Library called DefArea.zipThis should solve your problem.Regards,Tosh

Great Stuff. Thanks.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi Shez.I found an older post in which falko explains:"Waves can be excluded by using exclude areas, the only thing is that the exclude areas have to be larger then ususal, maybe one have to hit the anchor point of the waves."So an exclusion BGL should be possible, but it needs to be large enough. That will get rid of the wave action, while leaving the shorelines intact.I replied to falko:"Yes. Your excludes do stop the wave effects! I'll play with excludes for awhile to see just how they affect the effects... perhaps they have to cover the entire LOD13 area ( just a guess ), because if they are too small, they don't work.Meanwhile, your code is an older style. SCASM also supports this:Header( 1 54.20383 53.75383 14.27643 14.02643 )exclude( 1 N53:56:52.6820 N53:54:33.4260 E14:17:54.5460 E14:16:02.3360 )This can be drag'n'dropped over the SCASM icon, and will produce an exclude file ... in the same folder as the text file... no naming of the file is needed, no LatRange() needed, and no 'dummy' BGL is produced."If you are designing shorelines, there are texture types that can be used that have no wave action.Dick

Interesting. The problem with large exclude areas around airports might be the extent of autogen exclusion. Anyway I guess I can play around with this and see.ThanksShez

Shez Ansari