Sign in to follow this  

AutoASM and BGLC

I have been able to generate the ASM and INI files for a project ok. When I drop the ASM file into the BGLC I cannot trace any resultant BGL file. Can anyone help please?

Guest cwright

Brian, when you drop the asm file into bglc, you should see a DOS window open for a second and then close. The bgl file should appear in the same directory as bglc. If there's no bgl file then probably there's an error in the asm file. As the DOS window closes immediately you can't see any error messages. Just one important check: be sure that the two include files are in the same directory as bglc! If they are not then bglc will fail with some error messages. Try opening a DOS window (from the Windows START menu). Type in something like this: CD .. CD c:temp (to make c:temp current directory) bglc.exe test.asm (assuming you've copied bglc, test.asm and the two include files to c:temp - DOS can't handle long file names such as 'program files'). Then you'll see the error messages. But it'll only be useful if you have some knowledge of asm files. If you like, email me the asm file and any other useful information and I'll take a look at it. It is possible AutoAsm generated an error, though I haven't had this happen for some weeks. Best regards, Chris

Chris, can you help me with this question?How should I make to compile from a .ASM to .MDL?I should to edit manually the file .ASM to add a night effect to my plane. I export from GMAX with the Makemdl/Middleman 1.0.3b, set to on the options: "Keep Files and Keep Error Log", to maintain the .ASM files. I edit the .ASM file with the changes. I put in the command line: " BGLC.EXE C-141B.ASM C-141B.MDL. and appears me a screen error. For test, I made: I export from GMAX with the Makemdl/Middleman 1.0.3b, set to on the options: "Keep Files and Keep Error Log". The result was OK. The .ASM file generated, WITHOUT BEING MODIFIED, I compile with the BGLC like that said up It also gives me error. That is to say the same file that the GMAX exports OK, with the source and with BGLC gives me error. Some suggestion?. Thanks to all Jos

Guest cwright

Jose, the simple answer is that I'm not sure. You could ask the question on the aircraft design forum.... Best regards, Chris

Hi I question in the aircraft forum, but at this moment y don