Sign in to follow this  

Little Rock terminal.......

Hey all!!!I have been getting my Little Rock Adams field up to speed...and wanted to show yall the termianl.I will start shaping the front and texturing it later...(once I figure out how lol)http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dce8a2274ceca9d.jpghttp://www.avsim.com/posky/images/banners/gary_ban.gif

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Nice Gary!Tip: when making buildings try and keep the number of vertical sections of individual parts at a minimum unless you really need them. This way it is easy to just put one texture on the face of it instead of planar mapping all the sections into one. I notice you have 5-6 vertical sections on some parts. Of course you don't have to listen to my useless drivel :( :-lol ...Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Have you converted the above to an "editable mesh" if you have thenyou can't, but if you used an "edit mesh" modifier then you can.(Because then you can get at the original geometry by reduceing the # "hight segments". Am I makeing any sence to you?(it can sound like greek LOL).please feel free to ask more questions and someone will try to answer 'em. I as well as others know our way around gmax(and 3DS Max)as well.(P.S won't be able to answer to-night as I have to do a render in Max for a animation that I an working on). Dan

Actually, you can decrease the number of height segments after it is converted to a editable mesh. Takes a bit longer though, but here goes:1. Select the vertex option of the mesh you want to edit.2. Select a row of vertices and move them (drag or via text entry) to the same height as another set of vertices.3. Now, select this combined set of vertices (which contains twice as many as the first selection).4. Weld the files. Make sure the weld is big enough to catch the points, but small enough to interfere with other points.Hope this helps.Johan

Shez this is the end result...I got it down to a minimum.and I testd some nova textures..and it seems great.thanks for the advicehttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dd0913d4f1e899e.jpghttp://www.avsim.com/posky/images/banners/gary_ban.gif

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Grrreat! Now you must be careful because you cannot leave a wall too long in width or the texture will look blurred (too much of a stretch)!:-lol Apologies for not pointing out earlier. It is trial and error...Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Have a look at some pics of terminal windows in daytime. I usually see just a plain colour (usually dark). Very rarely does a graphic show behind in daytime unless the glass is very clear at KLIT.Shez

Shez Ansari

Uh Dan I have a question regarding 3ds max. How would you design a VC (well not for FS but for rendering), with splines or with mesh editing?

>mesh editing is great and easier to use...but you get high >polygona...then you have to go back and edit them...like on >my terminal..its a pain to fix. Well polys aren't a prob since no FS use intended... So you mean start with a box and extrude etc. until you have some nice 'pit? Whew, sounds like some work! :DHmmm I have a question, how can I 'connect' two or more boxes or objects in general so I can edit them as 'one' mesh?Thanks,Etienne :-wave

Guest devaio

To badderjet: Yes you can design a rendering VC in 3dsmax with splines, but why would you want to do that?