Sign in to follow this  

Little Rock terminal.......

Hi Shez you can make a longer texture as long as it's a multiple of one of the "standard" sizes I.E 256x512 512X1024 etc. Dan

Well the only "easy" way is to do it from splines that way one has good control over how many poly's you will end up with. Besides it'ssimple to trace out your geometry from a photo that way as well. Dan

Yes of course...(-:. I usually cut the textures in half and keep walls to a limited size. Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Coz I am no good at mesh editing. Or I maybe just didn't understand mesh editing at all...

Hi "badderjet" you know of course that basicly once you extrude your spline into 3D it basicly IS a mesh there is no real way to get around meshes sir. Dan

Hi "deavio" why some one would use a mesh you ask? It's simple take a good picture and simply trace out the edge of the front "face plate" Keep this "shape" then un-check "start new shape" then once you have the dimensions of your avionics add them to the above splinethen extrude the above compound shape and voil

Actually I'm not 'yet' a 'sir', but anyway... :-lol Thanks for the informations. Well you must understand, I'm still new to 3d design. :-)

I did that n a matter of hours.but right now im so busy at real work that I havent got to work on it anyore..plus I am gonna need jetways and I dont have the first clue how to design them.http://www.avsim.com/posky/images/banners/gary_ban.gif

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Hi Gary Jetways are real easy to do a couple of long boxes a cylinderwith about 12 sides a few good textures and you have your jetwaysas with almost any mesh it's your textures that make the model lookgood as all most buildings are just variations of boxes and may be a cylinder or two!!. Dan

If you want you can use my jetways I released a few weeks ago.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"