Sign in to follow this  

FSDS2 vs. FSDS1 : Object out of range!

The Area type C should allow you to use areas bigger then 64kB.Got a question for Sebastian, is it the RefPoint or a Jump command that generates the error? (so which command is on the line which number is stated in the error message).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I tried the desktop thing that J.R. suggested, and SCASM still generates an error concerning the macro file in question. The error refers to line 5404 in the API-macro (last line), which only says: "EndA"That shouldn't be any problem in itself, only a sign of that the source file is too many kilobytes?When I compile with Airport, I'm also given a reference in the error to line 55 in the .sca-file (supposedly the sca-file, or???).This is the whole error report Airport gives me:-------Error in macro file C:GamesFS2002ExtraJoensuuFSDSTerminal_fsds2.api line 5404 -> EndA -> destination ":Exit" out of range (71360), source line 55Scasm compilation status: error(s) 1-------Line 55 in the .sca-file only includes information about the runway I've made (heading 289.2), hmmm!? Mean anything? Does this mean line 55 is in another file, and not the .sca-file? Arno, from this I can't answer your question, because I have obviously understood this wrongly. =o)

Guest luissa

Dear efva2002,The error "destination ":Exit" out of range (71360), source line 55" normally means a Call( :Exit ) or Jump( :Exit ) or something similar, where the call or jump point to more than 32KB. As far as I know FSDS uses Call32() and Jump32() and such problem is avoided.So, if you want to send me the API (only the API, please) I would make a small file with a macro call for that API. I would try to compile it and repport backRegards, Luis (luis@ptsim.com)

>Dear All: >>I remmeber that SCASM compilers can compile scenery object >up to 64000 bytes of size, the SCASM error message above say >that the object has a size of 71360 , i got the same problem >in ASD2.1 with macros generated by FSDS1.62. >>The best solution to don't lose detail is to create a >Library bgl with the .SCA files and mack a macro with a >LibCall, i did it to may high detailed scenery objects in my >Aircraft Macros. >>The library bgl can contain objects larger than 64Kb of size >according to the SCASM docs. >>I think FSDS shows the object size on some window. >>Thanks. >Alfredo Mendiola Loyola >Lima Peru Hi Alfredo,Yes, FSDS 1.6 also had its upper limit, but the strange thing in this case is that the same object, compiled with FSDS1 works flawlessly when I use it to make my bgl with Airport for Windows. But when I use FSDS 2, it won't work!

Hi Sebastian,I was asking about the command to be sure that there are Jump32 or Call32 commands, as Luis says. Then the jump size shouldn't be a problem as long as you the Area type is set correct.Only the call from the RefPoint then is a problem often (RefPoint has no RefPoint32 variant), but as far as I know FSDS has the code written that way that it isn't a problem.PS. I'll be in Delft this weekend (from this afternoon), so I'll be on MSN then :)Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Luis,I wonder what Area type the macro I sent you was in. Either 5 or C. Can you see that from the macro? Tell me if you need a certain area type and I'll resend./Sebastian

I'd like to thank Luis for showing me what was wrong with the code. FSDS2 apparently generated a code that was buggy in some sort of way. To the rest I can say that Luis sent Abacus a note about this./Sebastian

Guest Cazador

The BAD and easy solution:Hi Johan! To much polygons are the problem.But now everything works :)regards,Viktor>I'm not sure how ypou made the whels, but I had common problems, with making of>brdiges in the NL2000 scenery. The solution was to avoid making round patrs>that have to many points. Somsetimes there was no problem, but after joining>serveral parts the part became to complex.>>If you make a wheel, don't join them, and don't create too much points and>sections...>>Johan Calje>>>Hi !>>I have brought FSDS. Now I'm designing two trucks. But every time I place it in>>>Airport 2.6 and then convert it it says : >>>>"Error in macro file G:GAMESFS2000FSDSPROJECTSFIRETR~3.API line 3327>> -> EndA>> -> destination ":End" out of range (35150), source line 136>>Scasm compilation status: error(s) 1 ">>>>Then I delete some tubes(wheels,...) in FSDS and it everything is OK.>>>>But who likes a truck without wheels ?>>I'm really frostrated. It took me many hours to build the trucks.>>>>I have tried everything but nothing worked.>>>>What should I try to do ?>>>>Please help me .>>>> regards,>> Viktor>>>The best solution:Mak object Library ith the FSDS V2 source code.Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Peru

FYII have been dealing with the same problem since release. Just playing around, I found the polygon limit to be about 314 for a "huge" object.I have communicated with both the FSDS team and Tom Hiscox about the problem. As a result of the communications, both teams have error files, object files and in the case of the FSDS team, the object development file. I have also tried Luis' approach without success.Hopefully, one of the two teams will resolve the issue. In the mean time, I find my self developing objects in both FSDS2 and FSDS1.5.Have a great day,Bear

Still easier is the approach Luis took above. Just changing a few commands and your macro works :).I also used this in FSDS1.6 when the objects got to big. Just changing the Area type and make sure the jump command is Jump32. Can't be easier (if you know a little bit of SCASM :D).Arno

Arno

I also think Luis' little trick is the easiest thing to use, but I will still use FSDS 1.6 when I feel it fits the situation best.