Sign in to follow this  

Recovering and moving default objects

I have recently purchased the VFR photoreal scenery of the UK by just flight. The problem is as it is so accurate, the default buildings in London have had to be removed due to their innacurate positions. I assume it must be possible to extract various buildings and landmarks such as the houses of parliament , the millenium dome and Tower bridge etc. from MSFS and place them in their correct positions on top of the VFR scenery. Can someone tell me what I need to acomplish this task? I know we can increase the priority of addon scenery but how do you move it if the position is slightly offset from what it should be? any help would be appreciated as I want to get London Back to as real as it gets.Cheers,Stewart.

Hello Stewart,To remove the buildings, use an exclude switch or create an exclude bgl using any of the scenery design programs (i.e, Airport for Windows, etc.)To place the buildings, get the Microsoft BGL Compiler (BGLC) S.D.K. from the Microsoft web site.This contains an Excel list of all the default libraries and the objects contained within. The descriptions are rather cursory, so you may have to place them all to determine what they are.To place them in the correct location, use BGLC according to the simple instructions that Microsoft provides.Good luck.Best regards.Luis

Thanks very much for your help Luis, Its much appreciated :-)Cheers,Stewart.

Hi Stewart,did you have any success putting the scenery objects in the accurate position to fit with the amazing photoreal uk scenery ? I think many people including me would apreceate such a file.best regardstom