Sign in to follow this  

Intelligent Holdingpoint Lights within SCASM

Hi!I'm on the way to design intelligent lights for my holdingpoints.They should only be visible from the TWY and should change from red to green if the RWY is free.I solved the problem with the visibility with the Monitor3d command, but I don't have any iea how I could solve the problem with the green lights.I used the MonitorRWY command to test if the RWY is free and then change from red to green lights. If the RWY isn't free yet the process should repeat checking if the aircraft is in the area in front of the HPT.But it doesn't work.Here some lines from the code:Area( B %1 %2 22 )and so on ... :Begin Monitor3D( :Standard -50 50 0 50 -300 0 ) Call( :Lightsred ) Call( :Standard )Return:RWYtest MonitorRWY( :free 48:13.98753 014:11.26767 298 266 4921 98 ) Call( :Lightsred ) Call( :Standard ) Jump( :Begin )Return:Standard> Here are the commands for the textured ground polygone and the cones for the lights beside TWY.Return:free Call( :Lightsgreen ) Call( :Standard )Return:LightsredReturn:LightsgreenReturnCould it be possible that it doesn't work because the MonitorRWY command is part of dynamic scenery and all other codes are part from static scenery?Would be great if someone could help me!Klaus

Well first of all I have NO idea of SCASM but I think you can just monitor runways for the 'old' dynamic scenery, not for AI traffic.

(SDK-> IF_OBJECT_IN_BOX)I think it doesn't matter if the object is an AI aircraft, dynamic object or my own aircraft ...Well, aren't there any pros on dynamic scenery design?Klaus

I indeed think that command only works with the old dynamic scenery. But I haven't checked the IF_OBJECT_IN_BOX yet, might be interesting to see if that can also check for AI.I don't think there are any pro's left to the old dynamic scenery, now that we have the AI traffic. Not for moving aircraft at least, for ground traffic the old dynamics still look like a nice option.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi!I don't matter if this command only works with dynamic scenery and not with AI aircrafts.But the problem is that this command doesn't work even on the old dynamic scenery ...I tried also the IfObjectInBox-command, but without succes. In the Bremen scenery by Oliver Pabst it works, so there must be a wy to check this. ;-)Is ist important to begin with an Area 15 code instead of Area B by normal design commands?Yours, Klaus

Guest luissa

Hi Klaus,If your code starts with :begin then :RWYtest does not have a chance. But may be the missing part of your code following Area() calls :RWYtest. I am not sure but I think that:- you have Area( B ... ) so it is section 9 scenery and therefore your Monitor3D() checks your own aircraft.- MonitorRWY() is a section 15 scenery command and should not be under Area( B ...)Regards,Luis

Hi luis!In my previous post there's a little mistake:The code looks like this: :Begin Monitor3D( :Standard -50 50 0 50 -300 0 ) Call( :Lampsred ) Call( :Standard ) Call( :RWYtest )Return:RWYtest IfObjectInBox( :Frei 48:13.98753 014:11.26767 298 266 4921 98 ) Call( :Lampsred ) Call( :Standard ) Jump( :Begin )ReturnSo after FS detected my own aircraft within the 3dbox he schould continue with checking if the RWY is free.Do you have any idea how it is possible to combinate area9 and 15 commands?Regards, Klaus