Sign in to follow this  
toprob

night textures in the new Gmax 1.2

Guest Claviateur

Hi Gary,I was also surprised that they changed the user interface of the Material Editor, I hope they did that to add more options otherwise I was very used to the old one :) Now I will need to read more tutorials to learn things from scratch :)CheersMichel

Does not yet give any directions on texturing.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I always prefered the GMAX material editor over 3DMAX, so I was concerned to see GMAX going the 3DMAX way. I've had a wee play though and it seems to be an improvement -- pointing to pick up textures for example.By the way, you normally wouldn't 'apply' night textures in GMAX -- you just need to switch on night textures in the exporter. Of course you need matched and aligned night texture bitmaps with the _lm extension.

Actually, have just been playing around with the new MatEdit and it is pretty good. I did not remember it from the previous but the drag & drop functionality is fantastic!Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"