Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Coming Soon...... Landclass Assistant 1.3

New features will include:-Ability to grab lat/lon from FS2002 via FSUIPC. This will allow you to slew around the perimeter of your new city borders, and plot points as you go along without having to copy and paste the lat & lon from FS2002.-Ability to do global and localized search/replace of landclass textures in landclass .raw. Does your city texture look too bare? No problem, the search/replace lets you experiment, without having to start from scratch.-Ability to drag mouse and "draw" multiple grid cells-More accurate placement of texture updates, based on the June .inf file update (included again with this release).Here's a shot from the coming release, which will of course still be under a freeware license:

Hi John,Many thanks for another version of Landclass AssistantBest regards,Phil

Guest Frank Betts

Excellent! Thank you for the effort of further improving an already great program. Definitly a "must have" program. ;) Thanks John.

Hi John.The program sounds great. The FSUIPC interface will save lots of typing, and lets the user get a 'bird's eye' view of the landscape he wants to alter.Dick

Very much looking forward to see it as well.Even though I may not end up using it, it would be a great tool to test placements with smaller areas.Many, many thanks,Juan.

Guest Claviateur

Wonderful news :) I can't wait for it!!CheersMichel

Thanks for all your responses!The only thing holding up release at this point is the handling of an issue one of my European users brought up the other day, when trying to calculate the vertices for points between Lon 1W and 1E, and between Lat 1N and 1S. Something I'd never considered, but with my current form, if you enter "0" in the degrees field, there's no way to distinguish whether it is west or east of the lon, or north or south of the lat. A few minutes work tonight will fix this rare, but important issue. There's a bit of a "fudge" that will fix the problem until my update is released. Entering .00001 (for E Lon and N Lat), or -.00001 (for W Lon and S Lat) in the deg. field will allow LCA to calculate the vertice correctly.-John

Dick...Would you be offended if I made mention in my update doc of the inspiration your release of TDFCalc provided for incorporating my own FSUIPC interface? It's something I always knew how to do, but the linking of FSUIPC and LCA was a concept I never explored until your release of TDFCalc...-JOhn

Hi John!Great work!, but in this version I can put custom textures in the landclass...?, please!!I'm wait very edgy!`Pablo

This is great news! I can't stand waiting for it! :-yellow1Wolfgang

By custom, do you mean photoreal or custom "generic" textures? I'm afraid it's beyond the scope of landclass assistant, given its current design, to handle photoreal textures. The best product for handling photoreal is Misho's Terrabuilder.But custom generic textures have and always will be supported, as long as they follow the standard FS Naming Convention. You can even have different sets of custom generic textures based on regions as small as one LOD 5 area. This support isn't unique to Landclass Assistant, however.

Value #252 = seasonal CUSTOM textures.Value #253 = CUSTOM texture without seasons.Value #254 = Transparency ( allowing underlying landclass to show through.LandCalc2, available at AVSIM's Library, will help you to name any texture you want to the correct positional CUSTOM name. LandCalc2 also uses FSUIPC, and should work simutaneously with John's new Landclass Assistant.A caution:CUSTOM landclass BGLs need a texture folder, and landclasses using default textrues should have no folder. There are several solutions, but the best is to have regular landclass in a project folder containing a 'scenery' sub-folder, but no 'tecture' folder... CUSTOM landclasses should be in a project folder's 'scenery' sub-folder, and the textures in a twin 'texture' subfolder. Keep them separate, and activate them via the Scenery Library. On my computer, I have 2 Landclass project folders... 'Landclass' and 'CustomLC', with the appropriate set of sub-folders for each.Dick

OK, I have no excuse. Never promise a release before a weekend. Some little voice came into my head saying "it's the weekend", and next thing I knew, I was playing the role of father and husband all weekend. And it was a role I enjoyed, I had a great weekend with my family.I will be finishing the documentation included in the zip file sometime the 18th or 19th, and upload it to Avsim immediately afterward. I made one more change--I added check boxes for E/W Lon, and N/S Lat. This means users won't have to type W. Lon and S Lat, with a minus preceding it. It also fixes the problem calculating X/Y values between +/- 1 deg.I'm sorry that the documentation won't be that sophisticated. I just spent the past three weeks in my office preparing documentation for our latest network deployment--a 25 page document. I didn't want to get too sophisticated for a personal project, having "typists elbow." Please forgive me!Regards,John

Guest Claviateur

No problem John, looking forward to try this new version :)CheersMichel