Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Coming Soon...... Landclass Assistant 1.3

I am sure it will be "worth the wait". While photoreal is nice, most renditions I have seen are a bit less clear than artificial textures. Given the autogen function of FS2002 and the various texture sets that are available, I personally like the clarity and "close to real" that is created by programs such as yours. Justin Tyme's new landclass release really "tunes up" the texture placements. Your program will permit fine tuning. The result (with 38 meter mesh) is an excellent expression of the United States. I enjoy "flying" around various venues just to see what they look like. From Miami to Alaska the FS2002 experience has been visually very good and now it will become better.If only a tool was available to correct roads and shorelines (streams, rivers, lakes oceans) in a wholesale manner using USGS (USA) data. I have all that stuff from Terrascene awaiting such a tool.That plus Landclass Assistant should give us something to enjoy for a long while.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Uploaded at 10:30PM, EST 11/19.... After Avsim does their due diligence, you should see it in the library. Have fun!-John

After going out to dinner Sunday with my wife & daughter, I decided to make a brief visit to Best Buy. My little girl loves looking at gadgets. Takes after her father :)Anyway, I saw an ATI PCI TV Tuner for 49 bucks (actually, it carries a $10.00 rebate, so I guess it will be $39 if I get a rebate check). I thought it'd be interesting to try out, but figured for 49 bucks, probably don't get much.You know the dang thing works, even with a pair of rabbit ears--I pull in all the major VHF/UHF channels that broadcast here in Phoenix! So during last night's upload, I was watching T.V. in a little window while waiting for my dial-up connection to finish. It's a pretty cool gadget--it can record mpg's, both on demand and through a VCR style interface. It can capture stills as well...I made a "Caillou" wallpaper for my daughter. And the picture, even full screen, is pretty good.I was surprised the tuner had no issues with my Nvidia GEF/2, even more surprised that FS2002 didn't care in the least that the tuner drivers were installed. Although listed as compatible, a blurb pops up saying the Nvidia card is "unsupported" during install. Also, ATI is taking a lot of flak by XP users--many just can't get it to work. I still run 98SE, and when it runs, I'd swear I'm looking at a 19 inch color TV.So I have to say, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm not a huge T.V. fan--we don't even have cable. But it sure is nice to enjoy the news or listen to a show, especially when I'm writing Landclass Assistant code or doing some web surfing. But now I'm out of PCI slots, unless I trade out my ISA scanner for a USB scanner... Hmmmmm.....