Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Default VTP textures and other questions

Hi Juan.The SDK describes the VTPPolyMethod2Ex as being 1 byte, but Christian Stock discovered it to be 1 word. Christian may have some info about this. I also believe the VTP Method1 polys are limited to 24 points...with no extended form. It's been a while since I checked that, but that's what my notes indicate. Also VTPm1s need to have a fully named seasonal texture set delimited by colons ( ";" ), and cannot reference the numbered texture sets or landclass numbers. VTPm1s are a legacy VTP from CFS2. These are some areas in which the SDK is wrong.I know a few individuals are attempting using geo data sets to produce BGLC code, but I don't know what level of succes they have had. You are the first to post in detail your methods and results.Ideally, a method could be developed that would not depend on using MapInfo, or ArcInfo, or any other commercial program, but could read/convert a dataset directly.An interesting use of VTP polys might come from landclass or landuse geo data. It would allow a 'finer' tuning of landclass.Dick