Sign in to follow this  

GMAX: Problem exporting complex model

Hi all,I'm pretty new to GMax and modeling for FS2002, but do have some experience in 3D and CAD.I created a fairly complex building using several primitives and multiple boolean operations on those. I now try to make a model og scenery out of this and i get the following error:Start! (G:gmaxmeshestestmdl)Loading X G:gmaxmeshestestmdl...Error in exporter: Mismatch between # vertices (155) and # normals (197) in part Box01.Error!Error!Anyone got a clue as to what goes awry here?TIAAlex

Looks like you may have a "extra" vertex left over from your boolieI.E one that is not part of a face. I would look at "box 01" closelywhile in vertex sub object level,look closely at all of the verticesfor your box 01. Always be careful when using boolies (I would not for something as "simple" as a building) try to "draw" your buildingusing spines then simply extrude into 3D. One can get very complex shapes by using extruded splines BTW and you won't have the problems that can occur by using boolean ops (like the above). Please understand boolies do have their place but only use them when necessary If you want post a pic while in vertex level (unshaded)I might just be able to pick out the offending vertex for you. Dan

Thnx,already seen the Problem.The building I am making is a futuristic airport like you see them in old 60es SciFi flicks.I am also wondering if it is possible to create run- and taxiways with GMax?Now what would you suggest as a good reading to get more familiar with GMAX, especially when i comes to FS 2002?ThnxAlex

Well Alex there are many good tutorials on using gmax just look on the web. No I would not use gmax for runwaystaxiways (I use architect for that) gmax is a 3D object creation tool not a 2D texture tool you will have to use another tool for your runways. Dan