Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

VTP & Custom LandClass #252

Hi Dick,I am getting a bit worried because I didn

Hi againGot it working now and I have no idea what made it working! Maybe it was exiting FS and loading it back again!So, night custom textures do show up using vtp method2 ;)Cheersjmf

Hi jmf.Yes. I can't get night working with VTP1 polys, but VTP2's show if you use the texture #252 for all-seasons, and supply the CUSTOM texture for night ( 'LM' ).Dick

Hi Dick,I decided to use your method, but i have a problem with trasparency :what format is your tranparent texture ? I unsuccessfully tried to use DX1 or DX3, created with FSTextureConverter; i guess alpha is a 8 bit greyscale, but i don't know if source files is 8 bit bmp palettized bmp or rgp 24bit bmp. Using the DX1 files i obtained, i saw in fs2002 my textures as white (if i used a white (opacity) alpha texture) or black (if use a black (transparency) alpha), but never transparent.Thks if someone can help me...

Hi Greywander2002.These textures need to be vertically flipped for use as a VTPm2 texture, before you add the alpha channel ( as that also needs flipping ). XnView does a great job of batch flipping.I use PaintshopPro to create an image with a black alpha-channel, and save as a 256x256 photoshop image ( imagetool likes this format ).If you are using resampled slices, and then are using Elrond's "FSTexConvert" to merge the alpha channel, flip all the textures and alphas before merging.Then, using imagetool, I select 'Image/Format/8-bit', and then 'Image/Create MipMaps', and save.That gives you 8-bit, mipped, with alpha ( same ground texture format as CFS2 ).For a lot of textures, you can batch process with imagetool. Dick