Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

New version of AutoASM

Guest cwright

This version is more reliable and the FIX function has been improved so that complex TerraScene images should be handled successfully. Also the LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons second parameter can be set (it defaults to 3 but a value of 1 can solve problems when trimming coastlines). Get it here: http://www.kline.demon.co.uk/autoASMV04.exe You can get the original package with documentation etc here: http://www.kline.demon.co.uk/AutoAsmV03.zip Best regards, Chris

Guest falko

Hi ChrisMay i ask if there is a reason why you are only using "LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons" commands?I suggest it should be possible to to replace one LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons-block with only one LWMDataAreaFill1x1-line LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons 1,3,1,11,19 LWMPoly2 4,0,0,0,0 LWMPoint 1,1 LWMPoint 255,1 LWMPoint 255,255 LWMPoint 1,255should be equal to: LWMDataAreaFill1x1 0,0,1,11,19And in your circle lake you could replace 256 LWMDataAreaDrawPolygons-blocks with 4 LWMDataAreaFill8x8-lines. Or am I wrong?

Guest cwright

Hi, falko! There is an excellent reason why I'm not using area fill commands: I haven't got round to doing it yet! Using lots of discrete squares doesn't seem to cause any problems, though maybe using area fills will improve performance a little. It's on my list of to-do's.... Right now I'm working on a modification that allows islands (i.e. polygons inside polygons). It also allows lakes inside islands, islands inside lakes inside islands etc etc. Also it should make the program close to 100% reliable even for complex and convoluted shapes. Best regards, Chris

Guest gorchi

Hi Chris!I have tried to use the program for a couple of times but everytime program crashes. I have put AutoAsm in E:FlightsimAutoAsm from where I also start it. The program then shows up correctly and as soon as I try to change path in upper left combobox or pres adjacent button, program simply crashes and closes. Any ideas???Regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Guest cwright

Hi, Goran! Most likely the problem is that the program can't find the ini file when you press START. The ini files are stored at c:program filesautoasm, so if you've installed to a different drive, then it can't find the ini file. I suggest two things: 1. Be sure to use the new version (v04), the location is given in the first message in this thread. If v04 can't find the ini file when you press START, it just uses default values - v03 would stop with an error message. 2. Although you're using a different drive, simply create the c:Program Filesautoasm directory, so autoasm can save and load ini files there - this will save repeated typing! If this doesn't work, it would be a good idea to install the whole thing into c:Program Filesautoasm as an experiment, as described in the readme (just unzip it into the default directory and then replace with the v04 version). Providing this directory exists, it should run on a different drive - but I've only tested it on the c: drive! In a later version I'll make the ini files saving process more flexible. If this doesn't fix the problem, let me know! Best regards, Chris

Hi Chris nice work. i am waiting for the island fonction which will be wonderfull.a question : I am working on a nice place in brittany (france) which is like an interior sea or a lake ,with a small passage to the sea. I have a lot of problem with the coast ( i put the islands beside the point): the d

Guest cwright

Hi, Dominique! It sounds like you are using autoasm to trim the coast. There are some problems that can occur. I was going to mention a thread which is about six pages back on this forum - 'New version of AutoAsm available'. It goes into some detail about coast trimming and prompted me to add the new parameter in the latest version. But I see you posted there, so you must have read it already - sorry I didn't reply! I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. Could you post more info, if possible with a screenshot? Or email it to me. It is possible that autoasm is generating errors, which may look like squares or triangles of land. If you are familiar with the asm format you can use autoasm to find the area square numbers, then search and find it in Wordpad and see if the coordinates are wrong. I'm making a significant change in the program now which allows islands, but it should also improve reliability significantly. But there are still problems to solve.... I hope the next version will be 100% reliable! Best regards, Chris