Sign in to follow this  

New Gmax Materials Confuser!

Guest hefy_jefy

Has anybody made this new editor work?I have given up. After downloading the new gMax I thought I had better try and figure it out so spent another hour and a half downloading the help then another hour or so trying to figure it out and I still can't get a texture to appear!I am about to reload v1.1, - that seems to work fine I never bothered using the materials editor just grabbed a bitmap and applied itI would like to use the new one but life is too short....Geoff

Guest hefy_jefy

OK, I made it work,The vital Button in the Materials editor is the little sphere with the blue checks on it, "Display map in Viewport" else you don't see what has been applied - it doesn't default to "on" though, at least I haven't found a way yet.I still think the old interface was better...Geoff

The old one was simpler maybe, but this one is far more powerfull.It is in fact the same one (pretty much) you'd get when upgrading to 3DS Max which is part of the reason why Discreet put it in.It's like GMax and FSDS. The one is a lot more powerfull but complex, the other is easier to master but more limited.

no biggie, see the rollout called maps, click on the map for the diffuse color and assign your bmp...then use uvwmap and unwrap uvw as before.