Sign in to follow this  

What did I do??

Hi,I was making some road tests for my city scenery and designed 3 long test road with FSSC and Airport FW to understand the differences etc. I put one bgl under my city's scenery directory and it worked.I could see the roads.Then I DELETE my road bgl file. But still my bigggg and lonng roads are there.Then I unistall my city scenery from FS2K2. My scenery removed but my test roads are still visible.I make a search for any .bgl file in FS2002 scenery that is created in last 2 hours and no new .bgl file under FS2002 directory.How does FS remember this roads.NO new bgl under FS directory , no new scenery but new roads....ThanksKenan

Hi Kenan.FS2002 uses a cache to store scenery... even with a full Harddrive install it uses a cache.When I test scenery, I have a project folder ( let's call it "mycityproject" ), with twin sub-folders: 'scenery' and 'texture', to hold my scenery BGLs, and my textures.I add this Project with the Scenery Library, and make sure it is activated with a checkmark. I then enter the flight, and I see my roads, with my other BGLs.When I want to remove "myroads.bgl", I go the Scenery Library, and deactivate the project. Then I can delete the "myroads.bgl", from the project's 'scenery' sub-folder. I also delete "Scenery.Dat" from the project folder, as this forces the sim to rebuild that list for the "mycityproject" project folder. Then I reactivate the project with the Scenery Library, by placing the checkmark, and re-enter the flight... The sim rebuilds the project's Scenery.Dat file, and no more added roads are seen.Dick

Dick,On your add/remove scenery page, do you have "empty cache on exit" checked?

Hi Dick,First I delete only bgl file but then I removed my project folder from scenery library. NO change.Then I deleted scenery.dat and re-add my scenery (without roads.bgl) no change.At last I removed from scenery lib and deleted my project folder.But still roads are there. No mesh, no object etc. from my scenery but roads are still visible.

Hi wsieffert.Yes, I have it checked. The delation of the Scenery.Dat file from the project's folder forces a rebuild of the lists of BGLs kept by the sim... a different type of cache.About the problem of the roads... I'm stumped. Those roads are either the original roads, or those bgls are not in the folder you think they are.Dick