Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aidi

Multiple Engine Control

Hi,How can I connect BOTH engine controls to one Chproduct flightsim control? EX: Both Throttles to the single CH flightsim Yoke throttle.Thanks. jimbo747

Hi, surprised at such a rapid response.What I want to do is to control both throttles on the King Air 350, with the SINGLE THROTTLE on my CH FLIGHTSIM YOKE USB. Also do the same with the prop and mixture controls. Any ideas very welcome.Thanks again.Jim Alcorn jimbo747

Jim, That should be the default. The trickier part is getting them to operate different engines (split throttle). The latter requires FSUIPC to do. That said, I ran into a case last week where I accidentally hit the "e" key for some reason and somehow gained control of only one engine. Supposedly, hitting "e" follwed by "1" should give you control of the left engine and "e" and "2" should allow you to control the right one. The problem was I could not find a way to cancel the effect and go back to controlling both. I had to restart the sim. Hitting "n" followed by "2" used to allow me to control the nav2 radio using + and -, but it doesn't work anymore. Go figure! Not sure if that helps.David

Guest Aidi

Right! As David said, the default is ALL engines controlled from one lever. What you need to do to get this back is the following: In the sim, goto Options/ControlsAssignments Once in that area, ensure that the Joystick Axes is selected. You will see a long list of options begining with Alieron Axis. Scroll to the very bottom of this list and you will see Throttle Axis. Double Click on this and a box will appear asking you to select the axis you wish assinged to this command. Move your throttle lever and the box will reflect that ie "Z Axis" Close down the open windows, and you will now find that ALL throttles are now controlled by the lever you selected. I suggest at this point you close down your FS2002 and then restart it. This will ensure that the setting is implemented as you would need to repeat if your pc or sim crashed.Just to highlight an area which David mentioned, its a requirement for you to have FSUIPC.dll in order to control multi engines within Fs2002. When you were in the Joystick Axis screen you would have seen the list had the options to assign an axis to Engine 1-4 If using a multi lever system you can set this option to your liking.David, you mentioned about hitting the "e" key.. Lets take the King Air for example. If you want to have control of just the Left engine... If you press e and the 1 key it will give you that control. If then you wish to control just the right engine, you press e and 2. If you wish to re-sync both your engines back so they both work at the same time, you press e followed by 1 then 2. If you want to use this feature have play around, it a good thing to know if you want to make your startup/shutdown a little more realistic.Hope this clears up a few of the areas of concern :-)Regardshttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg