Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

Anyone using TerraScene immages

Guest Richard Hill

Dick;While Autogen works fine the default ground texture is to me very unrealistic, the white spots mainly. With TerraScene while one may not have autogen, the texture looks better to me.Are you saying that a 1/4 tile section is too large? I would like to have something near true texture for at least a 20-30 mile radius of my local airport. While I can download photographs they are many years old. With the FBI Fingerprint Division placed here everything has changed greatly in the last 10 years. KCKB now at 7,000 ft and talk of adding another 1700 ft. Many new highway sections and development within about 10 miles of KCKB. With TerraScene I can edit new roads and development areas, not to mention the airport area.Again thanks for the reply;Richard L Hill

I agree that the white is "too white". Someone painted the streets. One way to reduce this is to place structures over the white area leaving only a small amount exposed. Or, if you have nothing else to do modify the textures with a color substitution function such as Paintshop. As far a "too large" I never found any file too large for the little conversion routine. I have done areas larger than a 1/4 tile but not = to 1/2 tile. My experiments have been in Salt Lake City area since the Salt Lake shoreline is pitiful in FS2002.DickDick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest Richard Hill

Dick;Do you use TerraBuilder Photo Terrain Wizard? I seem to have things working now. Oh by the way you were right about LODCalc, works great!I need to find some documentation on using Photo Terrain Wizard, there is one section with all kinds of buttons, and I don't know where to start, by trial and error I have made it that far. I know the developer has been talking about a tutorial, but no news on when. I would gladly purchace the program, but would like to know how to get at least one file to the finish.Wouldn't it be great if Terrascene was made for FS20002? With Richard Harveys bad news, and no plans for Fly! to be taken over by anyone, it would be a shame for a fabolus program like TerraScene, a freeware program, to fall to the wayside.If anyone elsr reads this maby I will get a good response.Glad to hear that something is in the works.Thanks for the reply.....Richard L Hill

Guest Richard Hill

Dick;Have you used TerraBuilder? I have had sucess with the Photo Terrain Wizard up to the screen with a bunch of button options. The author is planning to make a tutorial but nothing as to when. If some user friendly documentation using immages from Terrascene among others, I ans I am sure others would be ordering TerraBuilder, but untill I know at least how to get one image done, I will hold off.It is a shame TerraScene hasn't been made fro FS2002 af well as Fly!2. With the sad news from Richard Harvey as to his health, and no plans to keep it alive past the end of the year, it would be a shane for a fantastic freeware program like TerraScene to be lost in the dust of another demise of a great simulator.You were right about LODcalc works great!I hope that someone, or a few of the many who have looked at this message will provide some assistance with the photo Terrain Wizard.Glad to hear that something is in the works for at least parts of FS2002 scenery improvments.Thanks for the reply! Richard L Hill