Sign in to follow this  

scm2vtp w/ FSSC-created .sca files?

I gather others have actually gotten scm2vtp to produce something aside from error messages in German; I hope so, anyway. I've got a roads-only FSSC file, both roads there have all their points in the right order and display as well as you can expect 2k roads to work in 2k2 (not wonderfully...).However, when I run scm2vtp on the sca file that FSSC produces during compiling, all I get is that German error message!Here's the full text of the sca file, if that helps:---------------; ************************************************************; Scenery compiled by FS Scenery Creator 1.5.4 by Derek Leung; Scenery compiled on 11/29/02 12:28:51 AM; Scenery created by Brian Burger; ************************************************************Set( buf 100 )Set( areamx 64 )Set( linbuf 64 )Set( ppperr 2000 )UVar( $FSSCTEMP1 5 )Header( 1 N50:59:58.4871 N50:54:34.5129 W124:50:56.5883 W124:55:13.7366 )LatRange( N50:54:34.5129 N50:59:58.4871 )Copyright( Copyright

Maybe it is also usefull to post the errors sca2vtp gives, I think that should be more a clue to the problem then the source.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Just had a look at the description of scm2vtp in the file library (and a quick look in the readme). It says it is for SCASM files made by Airport.I don't know how the programmer made the tool, but there is for example used a difference in the label that FSSC and Airport use in the RefPoint, if the tool doesn't consider that, it will not be able to read it correct.So maybe the best thing is to mail the programmer and ask if it would support this FSSC file, he should know :).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest jsvw2001

It does read FSSC files without any problems. Remember to enter after the "Continue?" and then type in your file name plus ext.Johan

>It does read FSSC files without any problems. Remember to >enter after the "Continue?" and then type in your file name >plus ext. I didn't think there'd be any problems with FSSC sca/scm files - these and .bgl are MS-created, so should be universal. At least in theory...However, when I fire up scm2vtp, tell it to Continue, then type in "HomathkoRiver-roads.sca" I get the following error message: [strong]"Dateiname falsch in Zeile Keine Zeilennummer in Modul SCM2SOR an Addresse 1225:0388Beliebige Taste zum Fortfahren drucken"[/strong]According to Babelfish's inexact translation, this is something to do with a line error. My own ability with German begin and end with politely ordering beer, I'm afraid.Do I just have a corrupt version of scm2vtp here, or what? The rest of the compilation - right from FSSC into a .bgl - give me working 2k style roads, but I'd still like to have 2k2 style roads to avoid mesh-following issues!I'll redo the road layout in Airport and see what I get. I do like FSSC better, though, so I wish it worked for this...Brian.

Guest falko

SCM2VTP is running in a DOS-Box and does'nt like long filenames. If you rename your files to shorter names ( 8 characters + ext ) the SCM2VTP can open the file and you will at least get the next error message.

Thanks, Falko, it was the long filename that was doing me in! It's been so long since DOS has been a serious part of computing that I'd forgotten the 8-character standard!It works now, instead of having odd-looking 2k roads, I have odd-looking 2k2 roads! When IS Microsoft going to get reasonable looking roads into FS?Thanks, all.Brian.