Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pabra

Wow! New DF Archer REALLY affects my scenery!

I agree Joe.Common sense used to be taken for granted.Probably why in my 2 year old house every window has a huge placard on it saying "Warning-screens won't keep a child from falling out" and my airplane to be legal has to have a huge warning on the door stating "Make sure door is latched before takeoff". There are thousands more of examples but these are two of the more annoying-and I think I could have figured both of those out on my own. :(I just heard on the radio today that the largest base ball bat company is being sued by someone who was hit by a baseball during a game for not having a warning label on the bat that states "user may hit someone with ball"This world needs a little more personal responsibility and common sense. It only stands to reason that if you add something to a program that already out of the box can heavily tax your computer.........Off my soap box now.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Geof,common sense is good. My personal discovery for the blurry thing is that since I barely fly the airplane from the outside, I use to keep the "aircraft texture slider" to the minimum. This saves some memory in the Gfx Card and make me happier about the blurries. This with limited (forced) visibility in both the meteo screen and the hardware settings screen help also a lot!Hope it helps.

Guest Pabra

I really would like to buy the pss a320, but I just know these highly sophisticated aircraft with their awesome true as life cockpit systems are far beyond my pc's capabilities. I too like my sceneries sharp and airports all photoreal with detail all over, aircraft coming and going. The more realistic the sim gets, the more I want it to get even more lifelike. If I imagine a sim that could duplicate even a medium size airport live, I'm sure it would take a cray supercomputer to run it all smoothly. I'm amazed that fs2k2 runs rather well on my 450 with most sliders way to the right. It's just that you have to watch out for too many, too much. There allways will be a limit. That goes for cray too. I asked in the forum about the Archer but allready knew it wasn't for me. Sometimes I d/l a scenery (airport), activate it and when I go to it, WHAM!, slideshow! Delete, too bad. But if it's smooth, I'm a happy camper, congratulate the author afterwards thinking; it can be done, all a matter of good programming I guess. And by experience to get to know which parties create good and which bad stuff. Example; Manchester from simflyers won't run on my rig, whereas same thing from summons does the trick. Go figure. I bought Schiphol apt. from lago, bad move. 5-7 fps at normal settings, even removed all the building textures, same thing. So now I know; lago is not about efficiency. My 2 eurocents.