Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken Meier

FS crashing with new Vid Card

Guest Ken Meier

I just upgraded from a MSI GF2 Pro to a Leadtek ti4400 and the problem is FS 2K2 will quit back to the desktop with no errors or messages shortly after starting. Half the time the sim won

Guest simpilot

I am not a hardware expert by any stretch of the imagination however, I have read that with the Windows XP and VIA chipset combination that adding a new video card will cause a crash/BSOD.Unfortunately, one fix may work for some but not for others. Here is an exerpt from an article I read that desribes a fix and the only reason I saw this is because it was included in a review that I read today."Infinite Loop bug occurs when you mix a GeForce card, a Via chipset, and Windows XP. Well, for the most part, because it can affect other chipsets, it mostly is a problem with Via based mainboards. And it sucks. Screen lock up, then BSOD, reboot and repeat. The problem with it is that there isn't one fix for it - in fact, there isn't even a single fix that seems to work on the same exact setup twice. Every time I find a way around the problem, the moment I change drivers or video card, I get to start the whole diagnostic mess all over again. This time around I was finally able to fix it by going into the BIOS and changing the AGP manual control from auto to manual, and then picking some random driver sequence (in this case, FF) and finally, BSOD free"I hope this helps!Cheers!Richard

Guest Ken Meier

Richard,Thanks for the reply. I changed the AGP from auto to manual, but no help. The latest bios doesn't have a setting for aperature size. I of course have tried the 2911 drivers with no help.K

I have almost the same setup as you and I never had that problem. You could try turning off you T/L in FS2002 and see if that helps. I use to get the same error when I used my GeForce2. I also found my NV4.dll was not updated with the rest of the drivers when I added my G4 Ti4400. Two other things you might try is deleteing your FS2002.cfg and trying the 28.32 drivers.

Guest Ken Meier

Dan,I'll try all of your suggestions and get back. My nv4.dll is version 5.1.2001.1240K