Sign in to follow this  

Scenery problems seeing multicoloured buildings

Hello Captains, i have a problem with my scenery, i wonder if anyone can help,i have various add-on sceneries installed and also FSskyworld se etc,the latest FSUIPC and new drivers from NVIDIA for a ordianary geforce 6600 card on a p-4 2 ghz machinewith 512 mb ram ,the problem is that my scenery seem to be kind of corrupted,when on the sim the buildings and some planes suddenly become brightly multi- coloured their textures are red/blue/pink etc and some of the aircraft which have reflective textures start showing their base silver reflective texture only ,the whole plane looks silver.i cant identify what installation or what exactlt might be causing this problem,installing FS again seems daunting considering the add-ons and effort it will take to set it up like this again,re-installing only the texture files from a backup Sim on another drive didnt work,i have all the VOD,NOVA etc...any suggestions ?.....mayday...i guess thanks in advance :-/ Deepan Mehta

I don't recognize the GeForce 6600 card, did you mean a GeForce 4600 card? If so, what drivers are you running on the card; what screen resolution, i.e., 1024x768x32; what operating system, Win98/ME, WinXP, what controller chips does your computer have and what drivers are you using for them.First try changing your screen resolution to 32bit vice 16bit.

Thanks for the prompt reply guys, its an ASUS V6600 geforce 256card an early one,i am using XP pro and the resolution is 1280x1024and i've tried running it at 32 bit also no use,i just recently downloaded NVIDIA'S new drivers for XP and the asus display cardsversion 40.72 winxp WHQL ,ok i'll try the plder drivers againthanks again

Maybe your trying to push your monitor to hard. What its capabilities? You are using quite a high resolution especially with that graphics card. Also have you installed WinXP SP1 which fixes the slow (60Hz) refresh rate problem?

Hi WSieffert, my monitor supports that resolution well even with thatresolution,come to think of it it may be a driver problem ,aboutthe SP1 it has other issues supposedly which make it an avoidableinstall so i didnt install them ,well i reverted to the older driversbut the frame rate difference was huge,with the DF cardinal at KLAX(scenery installed) it maxed at 8-9 fps this with ATC traffic offand many other sliders maxed out,but with the newer drivers it easily gives 16-26 fps for the same,i've re-istalled the drivers andgoing to see if that problem persists

The SP1 problems were corrected with the later graphics drivers. I feel you are missing a lot of good updates, many were installed from the Microsoft Update page as pre-SP1. Microsoft is only going to support post-SP1 and pre-SP2 updates. I recommend you install SP1 and download all the pre-SP2 updates from the MS update site.Since you graphics card is not new you might not even have a problem. I have three computers with WinXP SP1 and didn't have any problems with them after installing SP1. I do recommend downloading the entire 138MB file or ordering the $10.00 CD instead of doing the Web install from the MS update site.

Hey thanks WSieffert, was'nt following the SP developments :-)nice to know that they have solved some "so called" glitcheswhich i actually cabt confirm but which was reported by someengineer friends of mine,well i'll check the updates WSieffertdo u know what major issues it has addressed ? hey thanks foryour help anyway,i have re-installed the new drivers i'll seeif the problem reccurs,in fact i somehow get a feeling thatthe problem starts when i'm flying online i cant confirmbut am checking that too,its very strange and extraordinarythats why i thought i must discuss it with others,will letyou know the outcome thanks Deepan