Sign in to follow this  

fsregen lights

Thanks Arno, looks simple now. I will try this tonight.Ted

>Yes, I must correct myself that seemingly it is Light_beacon >which makes the light blink(!). I was deeply convinced that >part name is responsible for blinking and created part >Beacon2 with red material Light_Beacon. As I was expecting, >it was blinking. >Then I copied this set several times and gMax automatically >appended part names Beacon2, Beacon3 etc., and all of them >are hapilly blinking with the same interval. I have not >noticed that part name change before and thought that all of >them would carry name Beacon2_1, Beacon2_2 etc. >So, I guess this little issue requires little further >experimenting. >Ted So noone knows how to get lights to blink with different speed?I have tried the Beacon1-5, but no change in frequency :-(

It should be possible by editing the ASM code a bit, just like it was in SCASM. By using the timer variable and some checks on it's value, you should be able to get it.Only problem is that I never tried that in BGLC yet, so I have no example :).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I just discovered that when I use Beacon2-5 as the object name in Gmax, the light rotates at a given speed.It's the light_beacon material name that gives the blinking.

Another question in this age old thread... Has anyone else experienced problems when trying to use the IFIN1 statement for lights off during the day while using the object in a library? I have a few vehicles that I am using with BusyObjects for dynamic scenery that are in one library. If I put the IFIN1 statement in the code, the lights are off both during the day and night. I know I'm using the code correctly, as I have used it in other non-library objects. Didn't know if there was something special that I had to do for libraries!Thanks for the help! Norfolk should be out soon (I had a setback with a hard drive crash). Just these lights and some framerate stuff to take care of! Matt Perry

I have no problems in libraries, but I don't use them together with BusyObjects often. It can be that the framework of BusyObjects (that uses alot of variables as well, gives you the problem).Not sure, but check the BusyObjects readme, I think it tells you you have to add a variable in a special way before it works in BusyObjects.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks Arno! You're right once again... In the api file for the "busy object" one must wrap the CallLibObj like this...VarBase( :[-1] )CallLibObj( 0 ......VarBase( :AnimData )Thanks again!Matt Perry