Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

No way to exclude markers?

I have made an exclude file for a scenery I am designing, but even with the "total exclude" switch ("F"), I cannot exclude the marker navaids.Has anyone noticed the same problem? Is there any workaround?Thanks

You might try looking at this airport with AFCAD. I believe all of the NAVAIDs are in the files located in fs2002scenedbAFDFILESScenery. I believe the NAVAID generation is handled outside of the visual scenery engine since it normally doesn't need to show the NAVAID.Of course if you wanted to see a VOR, VORTAC, marker box, you would need to build it into the visual scenery.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think only the AFD data is in those files you name. The definitions of the markers/beacons etc is in another file. Just like you can put your own markers in the scenery file you create.And to return to the origional question, if you select to exclude everything then also the markers should be gone. Are you sure also the coordinates of the markers are inside your exclude area?Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno,You could be correct, however I don't know why Microsoft would duplicate the information in other files so as to provide the instrumentation (gauges) with correct bearing, distance, marker locations.I can understand having the visual (VOR, VORTAC, buildings for these NAVAIDS) in different files.Of course, I believe EasyNavs does place the NAVAID, while AFCAD puts it in the Menu. I'm soooo confused now!:-hmmm Oh well, I've given the original poster another place to look!

Hi jzs.You might post the exclude code... probably SCASM code, and the LAt-Long location of the markers you want excluded.Dick

Guest jsvw2001

In the scenedbeasthem or westhem directory, you will find files with the marker information (eg. EURNWMKB.bgl). With en2k400.zip by Herv

Thanks Johan,Hmmm! Now how does an exclude affect (effect?) or not these various MKR, NDB, VOR scenery files?:-hmmm

Normally an exclude should exclude everything from any BGL that has a RefPoint with the coordinates inside the exclude, except for BGLs sitting in the same folder of the exclude, so an exclude (set up for navs) should also work fine with all those files.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Thanks a lot everybody. I'll give you more details.The area I want to exclude is a square around GMTT, Tanger airport in Morocco where I am building new scenery. In this area, besides the runway and visuals of the airport, there are the following navaids, two markers (middle and outer), one ILS (TAG), one VOR (TNG), 2 NDBs (TBR & TAN). I want to exclude them all, in order to put new navaids with adjusted location.I use the following exclude bgl (follows disassembled) ***************************************Header( 1 N35:45.6 N35:42.0 W005:45.6 W006:00.0 )LatRange( N35:42.0 N35:45.6 ); ----------------------------------------; Exclude section; ----------------------------------------Exclude( F N35:45.6 N35:42.0 W005:45.6 W006:00.0 ); ----------------------------------------; end of SCASM source***************************************What I find is that this bgl effecively excludes everything BUT the marker navaids. Is this supposed to be like this? or am I missing something? How can I exclude the bloody markers??? (of course, they are inside the exclude square)Thankyou!

Guest bones

The code I'm using in ASD is different..; ScBuild output for SCASMSet( areamx 36 )Header( 1 53:06.53000 53:05.9900 -004:19.77000 -004:20.76000 )GenExcl( gerr22.bgl 01 53:06.53000 53:05.9900 -004:19.77000 -004:20.76000 53:06.53000 53:05.9900 -004:19.77000 -004:20.76000 )The 01 code is for visual scenery - I think navaids are 03 or 04. I have not tried that so I can't say if it would work or not.I'll let the other experts here explain why there is such a difference in code - I just use the tools.. :-)

I think this difference in code is because you code creates a new exclude BGL (gerr22.bgl in your source) and the decompiled source above is probably from this generated BGL.Arno

Arno

I looked at the coordinates of the markers in FS and found:Middle marker:Latitude: N35* 43.87'Longitude: W5* 53.73'Outer marker:Latitude: N35* 43.42'Longitude: W5* 48.50'So they fit in your exclude area and it looks you have set the type to F so, then everything should be gone. So it should work :), have you tried using 2 or 4 as mask (instead of F), this should remove the navs and then you can make a seperate exclude for the visual scenery.Arno

Arno

Thankyou Arno. The point is that it doesn't work with the switch "F". The markers are still there and they are detected by the plane when flying over.Your suggestion doesn't work either, I'm afraid... For some reason, markers never seem to be excluded. Unless I am missing something here....The only workaround I found is to disassemble the original microsoft bgl, and get rid of them! Not nice, when you want to distribute the scenery later...Thanks

Guest bones

It's a little off topic but the markers work in a strange way in aircraft too. If you have a non radio aircraft you would think that there was no point in including the (RADIO) section in the aircraft.cfg file. This is what I did - and I found that I could hear the marker sound when I flew over a major airport.The answer was to add a (RADIO) section and zero the marker option.It makes me wonder if markers are slightly different to all the other navaids..