Sign in to follow this  

White Night Cityset ?

Guest GiZBUG

Anyone use these?Curious on your opinions/views on it.I noticed no one listed these as "must have" addon's for FS2002 =P

Hello, I have FSW nights lights set. White Night Cityset looks too much white brights and not sodium real world colors like FSW.BestRich

Hey, In reality the night lighting is VERY BRIGHT. Go to any city, Philadelphia or New York and you will see how bright the city is. search on airliners.net for night landing shots. I suggest the White night set. Regards, Moses

I concur. Just make sure you use the updated set. The original set was way too purple. They look GREAT.Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information

No night lights I've ever seen are that bright. PArking lot and building lights usually have a yellowish kind of look. Just as the defaults look. I've flown over DC, Atlanta, Shrevport, detroit, you wont see a lot of bright lights. Most are those dim yellow ones. Even pulling out of the gate the lights are kinda dim.Likewise, there is a "realstars" file one can download. It shows a heck of a lot more stars at night. However, unless you country flying all the time, you'll never see that many stars in the sky at once due to city lights.

IMHO the white light are why too bright. I went with the yellow as they are much more realistic giving you that orange/amber city night look :)John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Try them both! With everyone' opinions being thrown around, I say try them both and come to your own conclusions. :-) I personally use the white set, but thats besides the point. Either the yellow or white set is a huge improvement over the stock FS textures.-Greg

I think the white is the most real. Looking at shots and footage ofreal flyovers, the white dominates.Go for the white.Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]

The yellow is the stock FS textures

Dont you get the big area around airports that does not have the updated lights though? I think I tried that a while back and did not like it. Was that fixed?? Just curious....the add-ons did look better imho but the airport thing killed it for meHornit

>Hey, > In reality the night lighting is VERY BRIGHT. Go to any >city, I beg to differ. I have my share of hours flying at night, piloting myself or being just a passenger and unfortunately White Night lights or any other add-on night lights available now for FS2002 are not better or possibly worse (less realistic) than the default lights. The best night lights in a simulator I have seen so far were done for FLY!II by Jak Fearone. Beautiful piece of work and unfortunately one of the very few highlights of FLY!II.Michael J.

Again the white night are the default Ms night texture with more brightness, nothing new here, fsw are better and more realistic. Real night lights are NOT white, I have seen shots from L.Adamson with fsw night lights very impressive. BestRich

Hornit, you do get the big blocks around the airports, whichsucks, but the rest is almost real if you use the yellow versionwhich can be found here:http://fsw.simflight.com/FSWFs2k2GNights.htmlChoose the yellow light set. It works great for all but afew areas around the airports. I can put up with that.I spend so much time on "your airline"...that I know whatthe ground looks like out the window! Spent 2 hours tonighton the tarmac at KLGA waiting to get back to KATL cause ofweather. I had forgotten how much flying to ATL from theNortheast sucks in the summer cause of the 40 year old ATCsystem in NY area, national ATC control of the airways byFAA, and weather.ERic

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Always ######in Eric....:) I get to do a Dulles turn and a Fort Meyers turn tommorow and the weather is supposed to be the same as today, should be challenging!I'll try the set you mention..thanks. Hornit

Guest Tim13

pjanak,The real stars package is set to show all of the naked eye stars as the default. You can go into the file and change the magnitude of the stars that are visible which is what I have done. I went from the default 9000 visible (globally of course, not locally :] ) to 1600 which simulates mag5 and brighter visible stars. This allows for realistic star fields that are also astronomically accurate as a nice touch.Tim13