Sign in to follow this  
Guest etanin

Scenery Mod Question

Guest etanin

Hello everyone, This is my first post in this forum so be nice :) I live in Milwaukee, WI and I have used Shez's KMKE scenery in FS2k2 and it works fine but I also found KMKE done by Steve Gonwa. He did a very good job on the scenery and for me I would like to use this one. OK here is my problem, Shez's scenery just replaces the buildings and that works great and Steves scenery replaces taxways and runways also and the problem is that the runways are not the same as FS2k2 they are moved to the north, so this is a problem for flying online with Vatsim. So my question- is there an easy way to remove a file or two to get just the buildings and keep FS2k2's taxiways and runways. The name of the file is MKE01V1.zip is there anyone that can help me with this or should I just download Scenery Creator and edit the files? Is that possable? Also I did try to email Steve and his email in the doc files bounces.Thanks for any help.

I'm a little confused. You indicated Shez's scenery did use the default runways etal but just changed the buildings.To futher confuse the issue, you indicate that Steve's scenery moves the runway locations. Which is correct the correct location, default or Steve's.To answer your "easy" question, probably not! I think you are going to find it difficult to mix and match pieces and parts of different compiled scenery files.Which Scenery Creator are you alluding: FSSC, Airport for Windows, Lago's Scenery Creator?

Guest etanin

I should have said that Steve's scenery covers up the FS2K2 runways and has its own, I guess he used an exclude to cover up everything and then redid the grass,runways and taxiways. Is it correct that because it was made for FS2K and not 2K2 that it does not lineup? When I look at FSnav I am on a taxiway but in Steve's scenery it is RWY 07R it seems that the North/South runways are OK but the East/West ones are off to the north a couple of hundred feet. I hope this makes more sence. It's no big deal just would be nice if there was an easy fix. I have a feeling it will not be easy.Thanks

It is not easy in relative terms. I would determine what the LAT/LON of the real runways where. If Steve's runway locations are correct then look elsewhere to fix the problem. I don't have FSnav so I don't know where they get the position data. If it is internally generated, it might mean that changing the location is part of an updated AFCAD file or another scenery file that places the aircraft correctly.Search the web for some background data on the airport of interest.

As the problem is refering to online flying, I think it will always be a problem when people use different sceneries. Often the MS coordinates are not as accurate as could be, so designers use more accurate ones. But that means that while flying online with some users having the MS scenery and some others the addon you will always have problems.It's results then in a question if you should use the better data or stick with the MS data that has some faults. And that is a difficult question to answer :).By the way, this problem has nothing to do with Fs2000 scenery used in Fs2002, it is just about how accurate the position is. To fix this you would need the runways at the MS location and then it might be better not to use the addon at all, because shifting the runway will require shifting some taxiways, which requires shifting some.... (I think you get the idea :)).Hope this helps (a bit),Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest etanin

Thanks guys, that is kind of what I thought. I did find a new email for Steve Gonwa and he is working on a new version. So I guess I will leave it at that.Thanks again