Sign in to follow this  

Annoying seams. Anyone else have this ?

Guys,There is something that I have been fighting for some time, and I wonder if anyone has any input on the matter. I have a process that creates buildings using BGLC drawing primitives (floating point routines). When two horizontal walls (polygons) are joined together, I always see an annoying seam that is displayed when the object repaints. This should not occur, as the end points for one polygon are the same as the beginning points for the next polygon. It also only occurs where planes are joined together along the Y axis (not vertically along the X axis).At first, I thought it might have been a problem with my texture mappings. But, if I have an all black texture file, I still see the seams.I cannot think of anything else I can do, unless there is some special BGL instruction that can fix this.Any feedback from anyone on the matter would be great. The seams are always whitish in color, which makes darker textures look worse.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dfa03cf7c2abf08.jpgAs always, thanks for your input !Happy holidays,Allen

dunno, u get the same thing with GMAX? I haven't noticed it. If not, perhaps a compare of the bglc code between the same building built two ways will show you the difference.B

Can you post (a piece of) the source? Maybe that gives a clue, I haven't had this problems since some scenery in made for Fs98 :).Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guys, Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that the seams flash as the viewpoint moves past. From certain angles, they are invisible.I am going to play with this some more and will post my findings (and perhaps some small source if I can break the problem down into 4 polygons).Cheers,Allen

Hi there Allen not sure on this with your tool can you "rotate" the texture? I might have an idea or two please email me if you want. Dan

Anything new on this matter? This is exactly what FSDS2 does too...