Sign in to follow this  

LWMDraw3 Beta Test

Guest gorchi

Hi Ken!Funny, that You could not reproduce the error. Maybe it is again one of those decimal separator problems... I have WinXP Pro SP1, Slovenian, regional settings Slovenian (date, time format, Slovenian keyboard, DecimalSeparator=,), Athlon XP1700, GF3 Ti200... Maybe this could help You somehow?Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Umm, my decimal separator is set with a period (.) I wonder if that might help?Ken

BamceTry this download, it's the program exe file only and I've placed an error handler within the mouse move coding for the picture box. I'm uncertain if it'll fix the problem so please let me know.For anyone reading this, it you've gotten LWMDraw already working don't mess with downloading this file, at least until we know if it's alright. It seems to still be working on my machine anyway.ThanksKenhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/webads/lwm/LWMDraw_v3.exe

Thanks Ken, I'm at work now but I will try it as soon as I get home! I'll let you know the result ASAP. > ...please don't get discouraged...No chance. This is a beta, isn't it? :-) I won't get discouraged, but I will try to help you sort this out instead!BamceEFHN

So far in this thread I have only one saying LWMDraw works on their machine and another saying it doesn't work. With that I'm trying to get a general consencious of yeah's and neay's so I'll know it either works for most users or doesn't work.If you have any problems please let me know and if you don't have problems please let me know. Hopefully I'll be able to work on any problems you may have and I'd certainly like to hear ANY constructive criticisms, comments, suggestion, or really anything you have to say. That way I can develop LWMDraw to be more helpful for all.Thanks ALLKen

Back home again. Downloaded the new .exe and it works perfectly! No more error 13 crashes! Thanks, Ken! later tonight I will dig more into how it works - as i said in my first post. It looks very promising!BamceEFHN

Just downloaded it, I'll give it a try this afternoon at home. I'll let you know how it works :), but it looks usefull :D.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi..My bad luck, I use Win98se and AMD Atlon 1Gz with KT266 chip set and 512 DDR ramI was error when start this program - the system show - --->" Component 'ComDlg32.ocx' or one of its depencies not corretly registered: a file is missing or invalid "What do i need for fix this error?I am a beginner's for LWM scenery design but your program are interesting for learn.Cheers and Best Regards,Naphon Sudprasert....Fly highest has too quited cold......

Hi BamceThat's great news!! My new found knowledge to program in visual basic is very basic to say the least but I can build on those basics just like we do in FS scenery designing.I used one of the simplest error handling lines for the mouse move event procedure and didn't know if it would work for sure. It reads "On Error Resume Next" which tells vb to go ahead and run the next line. It's a little confusing but it works anyway.At the moment I'm adding another option to select the VTP Layer within the LWMDraw interface. That way there will be less to edit within the VTPSource.asm file before assembling it.Thanks for letting me know it's working nowHappy FlyingKen

Hi NaphonNeither Windows 98 or 98se come with the visual studio 6 runtime library files for newer programs created in the vb6 enviroment. Try installing or re-installing them (if you haven't already) and then try LWMDraw again. Hopefully that will do the trick for ya.Here's a direct download link for the library files:http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/webads/dow.../VBRun60sp5.exeIf you still have problems after doing the above try download this file and replace the EXE you already have with it. It might help somewhat as well.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/webads/lwm/LWMDraw_v3.exePlease let me know if you get LWMDraw working ok or not.Thanks for your postKen

Thanks ArnoI value any comments you can give.Catch Ya LaterKen

I took some time to go over the docs and build some scenery with LWMDraw 3 this weekend... what can I say? Outstanding job! It's just the sort of simple tool that is a big time saver and a real help to us weekend warriors of scenery design. The documentation was thorough and clear and the tool is remarkably easy to use. I barely even had to read the docs in order to get started. In fact, I think I built a lake without reading them at all the first time -- that's how simple and clear this is to use. Thanks for sharing this tool with us. I know I'll be using it a LOT in the future.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Thanks Super BillNow that's the sort of comment I was looking for and it's great to know it'll be a helpfull tool.Probably by this evening or for certain tomorrow morning I'll be uploading the final release as (at this moment) I'm adding another option to select the VTP Layer within the LWMDraw interface so there will be less editing of the VTPSource.asm file. Plus a couple of users encountered mousemove problems and there's an added error handling routine for that as well.Anyway, when complete I'll post a new thread for it.Thanks again BillKen

Hi againThanks for your reply.I have already install VBrunV6sp5.exe and d/l your new LWMdraw3.exe to replace the old ones.But I am still have the same problem. Is seem to be conflict with the other program ? or I lose my ComDlg32.ocx file.Are other win98se user have this problem? or Do I need to reinstall win98se?Cheers and Best Regards,Naphon Sudprasert....Fly highest has too quited cold......

Hi again NaphonI for sure wouldn't want to tell you to reinstall windows especially if that didn't help your problem although I guess it possibly could. But rather than that or before you do I think you should check every possible area of intrest that might be causing the error. Do you have other programs running? Do you have TSR programs running in the background? ie: firewall, antivirus, etc. Maybe too if you feel your windows itself is running slower than usual you might try running Scandisk and disk defragmenter to get windows back in it's best performance shape.Actually I'm guessing at what might be wrong but you might try checking all you can and anywhere you can. If your in Europe you might need to change the windows reagonal settings but again I'm guessing. I hope someone can help us figure this out anyway so if anyone has a suggestion please let us know.If you do try out some or all of the above, try re-installing the vb6 runtime library again and I hope it works.Keep TryingKen