Sign in to follow this  

Airport Skirts

Hey Everyone! Could anyone help me understand how to make airport skirtings (airport backgrounds). From what I've read it sounds like skirtings are made using the VTP method 2. I've been experimenting with LWMDraw3, which is great! I've been making lakes and ponds everywhere! Anyway, I tried making an small area contained within a LOD13 area but I got a lake with shorelines filled with grass. So I removed the Bgl file containing the LWM information from the scenery folder, but then I got the boundry of my area outlined in grass. I know I'm not doing something right. So if there is anyone willing to provide me with an example of how to properly create airport skirtings I'd appreciate it.Thanks

Hi SGE.Ken's program was intended to make lakes and shorelines, and made a great looking grassy shoreline for you. These are VTP Method2 lines.You want VTP Method2 polygons for an airport background.Ken's program already gave you the Point numbers yopu need, and the correct header and cell, and apparently texture numbers you need.Why attach the ASM code to a post, as a TXT file, and we can see what needs to be change to translate this to a poly type?Meanwhile, the FS2002 terrain SDK will be enjoyable reading for you.Dick

Hi SGE.Oddly, the sim doesn't like that shape for a polygon.Ideally, the shape we make for polygons are triangles... but the sim is usually very forgiving. In this case it isn't.So I had to split the poly shape into 2 parts:datamark_v0 label word;VTPDataArea 1, 1, 0, 0VTPLayer 4, 0 ; This is usually layer 4 for airport background polygonsVTPNumTexturesInLayer 1, 0VTPTextureId 4, 0VTPPolyCount 2, 0 ; using 2 polys because the sim doesn't like your shape;VTPPolyMethod2 4, 0, 0 ; paranmeter #2 is "0" for fan, instead of "1" for line ; adjust the point count if needed;VTPPointXY2 11541, 10695 ; this is the point format for polys ; get rid of the width commands ; get rid of redundant points ( no longer needed )VTPPointXY2 11541, 10555VTPPointXY2 11572, 10555VTPPointXY2 11572, 10695;;VTPPolyMethod2 4, 0, 0;VTPPointXY2 11572, 10585VTPPointXY2 11615, 10585VTPPointXY2 11615, 10601VTPPointXY2 11572, 10601;datamark_v1 label wordSo just the data between datamark_v0 and datamark_v1 needs changing, to make the lines into a poly. Dick

Rhumba Thanks, The changes worked great! Now I can make some changes to some other projects I've been working on. Much Aloha!Ben