Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

help on Autoasm

Hi chris and all,Autoasm works fine with the new trim fonction .And i have solve the things since my last post.I had one problem with a bugg,'square of water in land) it is fixed now it seems that small "tongues of shapes 2pix wide doesn't works but it is not a problem, I have obtained a very nice detailed coast now.two last problems: the first is how can I supprim the FS2K2 shore with AutoASM , is it possible? without using defAera...(nice tool too)the second (see attachement) is that my water limit, in the sea(the line which close the shape) is enclosed by land inside the lod 13 concerned, is there something simple to do?I read the long post on this topic but attachements are missed and I am not sure if it is the same problem.thanks for help Dominique

Hi Dominique.I'm hoping Chris can answer you as well.One problem with the shorelines is that they are VTPm2 lines, not LWMs... and LWMs and VTPs cannot reside in the same BGL.. at least I have never seen a working example of this. SO, the easiest solution is to use defarea to remove the shorelines. Then you might need scm2vtp to rebuild the shores... or you might experiment with Ken Nelson's new LWMDraw version. which also has some shoreline support.Either way, you are looking at making 3 BGLs. One for the new water, one to delete the shorelines, and one to redraw the shorelines.-------------I'm not sure hwat is causing the other problem, but you can go into the ASM code, and just delete the Area sections of code for the areas you don't want redrawn... that might be a starting point.Dick

Guest cwright

Hi, Dominique!>two last problems: > the first is how can I supprim the FS2K2 shore with >AutoASM , is it possible? without using defAera...(nice tool >too) As Dick mentioned, currently AutoAsm only generates water masks, so you will need other tools to add or remove shore lines. However, I am looking at adding VTP support (it was always my original intention!) So, hopefully, in the near future the program will be able to trim the coast and add the new shore line at the same time. I'd like to release a new version with some VTP support before Christmas, but no promises!>the second (see attachement) is that my water limit, in the >sea(the line which close the shape) is enclosed by land >inside the lod 13 concerned, is there something simple to >do? This is a strange one! There seem to be extra water squares as well as extra land squares. I've certainly never seen this problem before, it's not the same problem in that long discussion about trimming the coast. If you like, you could send me the image and the settings and I could try it. If I find an error in the program I'll be able to fix it. Best regards, Chris

Hi chris ,man thanks for your support.where can I send you the raw file and settings? It seems that the mail fonction of this forum, doesn't support the attachement.A comment, I am afraid that we are in a special case , I mean like an interior sea , with a lot of islands inside . my water line limit is only in the sea but....sincerely yours dominiquedesign@blue-sky-studio.com

Hi Chris & dick Results : I have modified the second parameter(editing the .asm file) of LWMdataAREADRawPolygons in the lods concerned ,I mean the ones which must be water only, but have these parts of terrain after the limit of my shape. I have used the number 1 in AutoAsm trim fonction, and change this one, to 0 ,just in the loads concerned. it works !the edge of the scenery , the lods which share the new coast have some problem , but it is a first step.hope it helpssincerely yoursdominique

Guest cwright

Hi Dominique! Sounds good.... But also sounds as if there are still problems. If you like, you could send the image and settings (or the ini file) to chris@kline.demon.co.uk I'll take a look at it and see what problems there are. And as a bonus, I should be able to send you back an asm file to add the coastline. I spent some time today adding a VTP function and it works. Right now it's limited to adding a VTP line to a single polygon, but that's fine for your application. Best regards, Chris