Sign in to follow this  
arno

ADF-Frequency controlled lighting? (SCASM)

Hi!Within my current scenery project there is also a military area. Mostly, there is no traffic during night, and so I want to make a pilot controlled lighting. Looking forward to navigation (VOR/ILS) and Online-flying (Com, Squawk) I decided to do this via the ADF frequency.If the ADF frequency isn't set to 327, the lights shouldn't have any nightlighting! :Begin IfVarAnd( :on 7BC CD8F ) Call( :part000 ) ;Kegel Call( :part005 ) ;Cylinder 2no nightlighting Call( :part003 ) ;Cube 4 Call( :part004 ) ;Cube 5Return:on Call( :Lamps ) Call( :part000 ) ;Kegel Call( :part001 ) ;Cylinder 2 nightlighting Call( :part003 ) ;Cube 4 Call( :part004 ) ;Cube 5ReturnAs it has to be done with the Com1 (multiplied by 100) I think that it ist impossible to set 4 diggits (327 -> 3270), because you also can set a frequency of 327,25 -> 327,3 ...With my first try it didn't work right. Sure there was no nightlighting, but when I set to 327 there wasn't any reaction.Has anyone a working solution for me?Regards,Klaus

I am not sure, but I think the decimal part of the ADF freq is stored in a different variable. Also when I did some tests some time ago with the different navaids (NAV1, NAV2, ADF, transponder) I found out that they not all work. Not all variables are accesible from the scenery engine. If I remember correct the transponder didn't work for example.I know for sure that the NAV2 does work, so maybe you can try that one first to make sure the code is all correct etc and then try to see if the others work?Also, I think that you should set the freq not as hex. If I want to check for 112.00 selected on NAV2 I must enter 1200 for example. So I do not need to convert it to hex.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog