Sign in to follow this  
arno

GMAX Ground Problems

Guest grimmy

Hi Guys,I'm completely new to this scenery design(only about 24 hours now). I'd like to thank you all for getting me started; reading through this list helped me get past most the initial hurdles. Anyway I've managed to created a textured GMAX runway but since I've excluded the original scenery sitting underneath, I've got the expected bumpy runway problem. I've been trying to use Arno's 'bumpy' by converting asm files to sca & feeding them into bumpy. I select the sca file & click open but nothing happens, no texture entries appear in the window below. However, if I press generate it does create a newsca file containing this :Header( 1 N42:22:45.57 N42:21:03.59 W071:00:39.00 W071:00:39.00 )LatRange( N42:21:03.59 N42:22:45.57 ); LatRange( N42:20:57.57 N42:22:53.67 )hmmm, gives away the airport I'm working on :)I guessing the textures should have appeared & enabled me to select them? Maybe a problem with bumpy & GMAX created asm files?I've used 3D Max in the games industry for years, so forgive me for beind stooopid enough to try & do every thing in GMAX. :)Thx to Arno. His tips really got me started.thx guys,george

Hi George,Bumpy has indeed never been tested with ASM files (or new SCASM commands). It will only recognise texture command that use the "old" SCASM commands (Bitmap() and LoadBitmap()).On my website you can also find some example SCASM code on how to make the SurfaceType command yourself, maybe that helps?Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog