Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

FSSE to bgl?

Hi guys, is there a way to export Lago's FSSE scenery files to the bgl format? For example, if I want to make a scenery made with FSSE available even to people who don't have it, creating a bgl file. Is it possible?Thanks!

You do realize Gustavo that what you're suggesting is piracy? I don't think you'll find anyone around here that would be willing to help you with such a blatant violation of the end-user license from Lago.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

As mentioned above you can't and that's the problem with a closed tool they are basically useless. You will have to learn to use sayFSDS or Gmax but it can be fun!! So go for it and learn to use "real tools" and have fun. Dan

Guest Frank Betts

No short cuts for sure. Go thru the fun of learning. You'll learn to understand what other scenery makers go thru to get that scenery out

Gee guys sorry, I'm not sugesting piracy, just to way to make sceneries compatible with everyone's system, not all simmers in the world have access to tools like FSSE. I know how to use Gmax and other software, but some scenarios look indeed very good with FSSE. I just think the expenses of making a scenario should stay with the designer not with the users of it. I'm quite sure Linus Torwalds spent a lot of money making the first versions of linux and he has not charged me a dime. (yet)Oh well, if I hurt anyone's feeling's with that (specially Mr. Womack's - I was just asking something, not doing anything "blatant"), I'm sorry. But do you really think that if I wanted to share illegal copies of software I'd be asking you???That was a doubt, if no one had doubts forums wouldn't be necessary.

Bill, I didn't read his message like that...it appeared as if he just didn't know.B

Sorry Gustavo, I might have come down a bit hard on you. But it sounds like you see my point. I'm afraid there isn't any way to get around learning to build items like the ones they use in FSSE. On the up side, it's fun once you get into it. And if you don't mind using non-Gmax code, there are a lot of macros available already. No hurt feelings here! ;-)

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit