Sign in to follow this  

Can someone please explain......

Guest WorkingStiff

What is the difference in placing addon sceneries in the main Scenery, Addon Scenery or SceneDB folders?I've been reinstalling sceneries recently and I've noticed there is no obvious reasoning behind the use of these folders. Am I incorrect?

There is no real difference. As long as you specify in the scenery library where the scenery is you can place it anywhere. I have my sceneries in a folder outside the Fs2002 root and that also works fine.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest WorkingStiff

Thanks Arno.That's what I thought. I'm doing a total reinstallation of my FS2002 stuff and I'm trying to get it all organized in a more logical fashion.

Just for my opinion, I like placing all add-on scenery outside of the FS directory to a couple of different reasons.Many times the author recomends placing his or her add-on scenery into the FS directory and in doing that those file gets mixed in with the default files. Not that it would create an error but if it does and if I decide I'd rather have another scenery add-on instead or I didn't like that particular scenery add-on, how the heck will I find all the files to delete? I have a main scenery holding folder right on C:drive called FSScenery and placing all my add-on scenery there keeps FS running on it's own nicely and it's much easier to delete or keep track of add-ons as well.Hope this helps although not everyone will agree.Ken