Sign in to follow this  

FSSC - PLEASE help!!!

Okay, all. I have a wonderful scenery project I am wanting to release for my project: Colorado here on AVSIM - but I have a major issue with ATC and FSSC scenery . . . .I take it that if you exclude the old scenery to place your own airport - even though the ICAO code for your new airport is the same, AI will reject it. I need the fix for this. All NDB's, VOR's and nav aids are NOT excluded - just the physical scenery for the airport so i could place the GOOD airport over it that i created.I also left the AFCAD file for KPUB in FS2k2 so that AI will still use the airport and even adapted it to taxi and parking at my new scenery.So . . . why is the AI rejecting my airport and acting like it doesnt exist????? Anyone know??? Please help. This AI bit is the last bug I need to work out before I release this scenery to everyone to enjoy!

Well, all, I made some hopeful progress in the dirt of ATC and AI and the bugs of FSSC, but am still frustrated. . . . . .I deleted the AFD file from my Scenery file and copied the AFD file from the origional KPUB in the SCENEDB folder to my scenery folder with the FSSC scenery.SOME progress!Instead of getting the "announcement" ATC I got a tower! AND I saw a couple of aircraft at my airport.Still one issue. I wanted to be SURE it was fixed, and i am glad I had patience to do so -- I hovered around in a helicopter observing the airport for a while. I also noted schedules of aircraft that were suposed to be there and normally are without the scenery in place.Scheduled aircraft were missing and I was at 100% traffic. Also, I watched a few aircraft land on the runway - and disappear!!!!!!!!There has GOT to be a lead or solution to this. I am still about ready to throw in the towel, drop FSSC and buy a payware editor, but I want to see first if I can fix this seeing as how I already placed a lot of work into the KPUB project.I have tried posting on the FSSC site, but no one seems to ever read that forum LOL, so does anyone here maybe have some light to shed on this ATC/AI mystery?Also, if there IS a better scenery creator out there for airports, I am open to suggestions.Chris

Did you get the default AFD file from fs2002scenedbAFDFILESScenery. If so, why are you duplicating it in your scenery file? As far as VOR, NDB, and Marker Beacons (MKB), they are stored in separate *.bgl(s) under the various fs2002scenedb subfolders. Search on VOR, NDB, MKB.Try removing the AFD file from your scenery folder and store someplace outside of fs2002. Make sure you have the proper AFD file in the fs2002scenedbAFDFILESScenery folder. Start fs2002 and see if you have AI aircraft at your airport.KPUB - is that the airport for drinking pilots to sip a few before flight?:-lol

Excludes have options. Sounds like you just have to select the option to exclude only the objects, which will solve your problem.Bob B

Guest gorchi

Hi Chris!First, I must apologize that I do not know how FS handles this default airport but still there are some points to remember. I use FSSC for all my airports and I do not have any AI problem. But You must take care about this:1. on default airport, are there any AI traffic? If not, then the problem lies in traffic.bgl because in this database the airport is not present and should be appended2. if you make new airport and want all default navaids to be included, make sure, that You have checked Exclude visual scenery only.3. Making AFD file can make some unpleasant surprises there and there is some odd behaviour I have allready observed regarding tower. If not necessary, use AFCAD to position gates properly and put tower and all frequencies wit it.Anyway, I still think there is problem regarding point 1. Check with traffic tools if there is airport present there, ask Yourself, If You have added some "complete traffic for the world" wchich left out Your airport. FSSC, Airport, GroundMaker, ASD, Architect etc do not have any effect on AI traffic!And my opinion is that it there are no payware scenery designers worth money instead of freeware FSSC or Airport; these two are the best!Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

All right all - I found my problem. You will all laugh at me and /bonk me on the head for this one.It was my radiusing. Checked the numebrs - DOUBLE checked the numbers, but until tonight I never realized I had an option for CONVERSION! ICK! Now THERE was a blonde moment. QUICK! Where's the bleach!?!?I had my radiuses for KPUB in FEET and not METERS! Hmmm. Wonder why a Cessna wont fit in a 7 foot gate? Grrrr.Anyway, I solved my issue. Now if I can just figure out why FS2k2 crashes whenever I approach an area with a lot of traffic - but that is another issue for another day. I am just so glad i got my KPUB to work.And, I released my Beta version of the scenery for download here on AVSIM if you all want to take a look.Many thanks for the help. A technical issue turned out to be not so technical, but rather idioticly simple and outstandingly embarrassing.