Sign in to follow this  

Exporting out of Gmax 1.2

I'm trying to put together a bit of scenery for FS2K2 using Gmax. Its a tricky program to understand but I'm getting there slowly but surely. I have a problem. I'm not able to export the files out of Gmax, as I can't seem to find the plug-in necessary to convert it to a suitable format so that it can be used in conjunction with MakeMDL.exe. I think the file I need is fsmodelexp.dle but I cant seem to find it anywhere on the net, as of yet. I downloaded Gmax from the Discreet site as I only bought the standard version of Flight Simulator. Can anybody tell me where I can get this file? I cant proceed if I dont have it as I can't experiment within FS as I cant convert the formats. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Damien.damienkearns@eircom.net

Sorry Damien...you need to buy the pro version of fs2k2 if you want to use GMAX.At this point it would be cheaper for you to buy the fsds new version, but its a shame to miss the chance to use GMAX. It'll likely be part of fs2004, perhaps uses fsds till then.I find it as a rule, always better to buy the more costly version of the sim. Something to remember for fs2004.Bob B

Guest devaio

I think its included in one of the MS sdk's.

LOLIts funny when folks that don't understand the situation try to help. Unfortunate, its not obvious to the original poster whether you know what ur talking about or not, so now he'll likely spend a great deal of time and he'll find out that there really is a file called mademdl.exe in the sdks. And he'll say, AHA...thank goodness Bob was wrong! and then he'll STILL not be able to export, and he'll realize he still doesn't have the gamepac....why?Because you can't use GMAX with FS2k2 standard, only fs2k2 pro, just like I said. (shaking my head)B

Guest devaio

Bob, do you know how to read?

perhaps not, thought I could....I'd swear that you were offering an owner of fs2k2 standard "hope" that he'd be able to export from gmax.Must be my bad. Your comment, <> sounds like you think the original poster still had hope to succeed with standard edition.Always open to learning, please teach me to read differently so the words, <> will begin to mean "sorry, without fs2k2 PRO, gmax is of no use to you"Best,Bob B

Gee Bob they do seem to be everywhere this fine night!!! Dan

Guest devaio

ok you still dont get my point, does the word "think" mean that it will definately be there, i dont think so, maybe i should revise my vocabulary.

ok, i'll play...To heck with what word you choose and what you want it to mean. There is only one question....answer it.What's your answer, you know mine...the question is, can a person with fs2k2 standard export gmax objects? If your answer is "not sure", then stay out of it...why would someone want an answer from someone else who is purely guessing. If your answer is "yes", you have either not read the boards very long or you are an idiot. If your answer is "no", then you are just being rude to the original poster by wasting his time in the sdk.B

Guys,Thanks to one and all for your help and suggestions.I did take the time before ever placing this message on the forum to download all SDKs from the Microsoft site and I thank the lad who put this suggestion forward, everthing is always worth a shot!BobYour are 100% correct, you do need FS2K pro to get this sad tiny file. It doesn't quite make sense why Microsoft would supply the MakeMDL.exe in the SDK but not the Gmax script, but I suppose thats Microsoft for you!Anyway my question has been answered and thanks to you all for that.Regards,Damien.