Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

Mr Ken Nelson I wish you a Happy New Year!

Hi PanosAnd a real Happy New Year to you too my friend. I like your efforts to use VTP Poly's. It shows that such efforts can result in a multiple of options that are available and I'll bet ya had fun do it too!! :) Very Crafty!I'd also like to give a BIG HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL the helpful programmers, scenery designers, and visitors at this and other forums. The knowledge we've all gained working together gives us a New Year to really look forward to. My hat is off to you ALL.Thanks again Panos, nice work!Ken

Nice note, Ken...best to you and yours.Bob B

Hi Panos.I went back through some old postings to see how far we've come this year:"In 6 months, TMF sceneries might be second nature, with easy to use tools... just like we now have with landclass tools. My suggestion for any prospective tool designer is this: Don't wait for an SDK. Don't wait for me or Christian, or anyone else to discover line structures. That could take a long time. We have enough 'secret' knowledge now to develop a great TMF polygon tool. George is right with FSRegen, in this regard. Perhaps we just need a more 'dedicated' TMF tool, with a slightly easier interface.Then the photoreal approach would no longer be the easiest solution."- rhumbaflappy, Jul-09-02, 12:48 PM (EST)http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...=DCForumID10#18Thanks to Ken, and other tool-makers, I ended up looking like an Old Testament Prophet!Happy New Year, all, and especially to you, Ken!Dick

Dick, my only question is, doesn't that long beard get in your way?

:-lol :-lol :-lolAnd of course a happy new year to everybodyArno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

ROFLMAO :-lolDick,I bought FLY!2 after Christmas and patched it to the latest! I really like the cockpits but the scenery is very limited. When I hear people complain about the FS2002 Scenery, I have to laugh. Some of the high end Flight Sim I use to buy for the Military don't have near a good scenery that FS2002 Simmers enjoy.I tried using the FS2FLY!2 Scenery importer on some addon scenery with very limited success. Some of the other tools produced for FLY!, such as Terrascene are pretty nice. I have fiddled with making scenery but haven't implemented/installed to FS2002.I want to wish everyone of the designer's a Happy and Prosperous New Year. Please Gray Beards, keep on making those tools and helping us Nuggets understand the workings of the simulator.

Guest gorchi

Maybe I am a little bit to late but still, beter late then never! I wish to all fellow scenery designers to have a happy, heathy new year!Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Guest cwright

Hi Dick! I'd like to thank you for all the help and suggestions. When I started in September I never knew what I'd let myself in for - it's been an awful lot of work! But it's been worth it and it's been a lot of fun. I'd like to wish a very happy new year to you, Ken, Michel, Christian, Arno and all the others who have made this forum a place of inspiration - and fun! Best regards, Chris