Sign in to follow this  

Want to fly in the T&G pattern with AI traffic?

I just thought I would pass along this. I fly into St Thomas a lot and find an AI Piper or a Cessna there almost every time that cannot seem to land. I think it is due to the high terrain on the north side of the runway. The AI planes try to fly a left pattern but have to go too high to clear the terrain and cannot seem to make it down for landing so they keep going around. When I start my flight there I can usually go right into the T&G pattern and have company going around with me. They usually make 4 or 5 laps around the pattern then disappear or actually land. Kind of cool! Now if I could only get them to report the turns in the pattern. It sometimes happens in St Croix as well if they fly a left traffic pattern.http://members.shaw.ca/madamo/Avsim_sig_KP.jpgNot sure what happened to my signature.Ken

FUIII used to give a good feel for 'life in the traffic pattern', and they even reported turns to boot. Oops, reminising again! :7Gary