Sign in to follow this  
Guest sgreenwood

Elevation BGL

I have done few tests with terrein bgl file compiling from image.raw file in different LOD value, in range from 9 to 13, with the same image 257 x 257 resolution. In every case I had good bgl generation, visible in tmfviewer. But in FS I have visible effect for LOD 9, 10 and 11 only.Markps. for calculation I use Excel and I have good results every time.

Guest gorchi

Hi all!Thank You for Your help. Mark, I think You have said manything with Your answer. If I have LOD=Auto, BGL is good (for TMFViewer) but if I put there LOD 9, 10 or 11, then TMF2BGL says doesn't seem to contain DEM or Class data. Bounding rectangle set to the entire earthIt produces some bgl, which is 680 bytes long (instead of 49700 bytes).Arno, thank You for Your idea of making two channels. I haven't remember to try that.Knnygar, I have grises but I have never tried to use it. But now I think is ideal time :) I will try it in next 2 hours.Thanks again ta all of You. Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Mark,>But in FS I have visible effect for LOD 9, 10 and 11 only.You may see the higher level LOD value mesh by changing to this setting in fs2002.cfg:&l;TERRAIN&r;TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21Regards,Steve

Guest gorchi

Hi again!It took me a lot more than 2 hours I would say :) Unfortunatelly I still have problems. I read again FS2000 SDK, Your answers, Grises documentation and came up that I will use whole LOD 11 quadrant. I made 2 channel Photoshop file:channel 1 has elevation up to 256m, channel 2 is full of black - 0 0 0.Finally I resized the image to size 257x257 pixels. Then I used this inf file:

<Source>Type = ELEVS16LSBSourceDir = .SourceFile = "LJPZElev.raw"Lat = 45.527344268Lon = 13.53515625NumOfCellsPerLine = 257NumOfLines = 257CellXdimensionDeg = 2.28881835938e-4CellYdimensionDeg = 1.71661378906e-4 <Destination>DestDir = .DestBaseFileName = "Elev"NorthLat = 45.527344268SouthLat = 45.483398955WestLong = 13.53515625EastLong = 13.59375LOD = 11

I triple checked values and they are correct. Resampler writes some values, then this tmf file is compressed but tmf2bgl gives again the error elfinal.tmf doesn't seem to contain DEM or Class data....Any ideas where I made a mistake? I have attached GIF elevation picture.Thanks again for all Your help. Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

The RAW-file does not have to be 256*256, mine was 5358*5113.I think the picture should maybe have the same proportions as the coordinates?I made the grayscale picture in Paint shop whith colour 255 the highest point.Then when I used Grises I set the correct altitude for my data.The calculations of CellXdimensionDeg and CellYdimensionDeg did allso make alot of problems for me.