Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

A Quick FSRegen question...

Good thought, Jim. Problem is, we're in parity! I'm running an XP1900 too. Sorry.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Haha, well, I suppose it couldn't be THAT easy... =)

Alright, here's the deal...After an exhaustive run through multiple tutorials and webpages, the problem was with gmax after all. I had the System Unit Scale settings all screwed up. I was exporting models that were miles in size as opposed to meters, so when I tried to load the small-planet sized files, fsregen wanted nothing to do with it (and can you blame it?). I also had extensive communication with George Ioannu, the author of fsregen, who graciously offered to look at the issue (Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you!) and he also came up with another error that I was making. Here's an excerpt of his email;Hi Jim.I just had a quick look at the gmax file. It seems that you have used one object (box) converted to editable poly. One of the triangles of this object is assigned the

Well that's good news indeed, Jim! And I'm sure I would never have come up with that solution. In thinking back on it, I guess I inadvertantly stumbled onto the solution myself, but I had no idea how I did it. Now I've got a bit more ammo to deal with this problem in the future.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit