Sign in to follow this  

How can I change my Tower viewpoint elevation?

Lately my viewpoint looking from the tower view has been dropping and I don't know why. I mean to say that the viewpoint is now only about 10 to 12 feet off the ground level which means that everywhere I look I am starring into airport buildings, whereas I should be able to see over the top of all buildings.Can anyone give some help on how to put the viewpoint back to the 70 feet or so elevation level?Thanks. ~~Allen

While in the sim you can change the altitude in the map view, but when you exit that will be gone again.You can set the altitude in the AFCAD file if I remember correct. MAybe you have imported a new one that caused it to drop?Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks Arno.I don't think I imported any different files but it seems that the viewpoint drops about a foot or two every time I start FS2002.Now a stupid question...where can I find the AFCAD file in FS2002?~~Allen

Guest gorchi

Hi Allen!Arno meant if You have imported gates (made by programm named AFCAD, available here in Avsim library) for Your airport. Files produced by AFCAD (and then imported or saved to FS2002) have also tower position and its elevation so if You have xxxxx_AFD.bgl file together with Your airport, data from it could be substituted with those imported from program AFCAD. But by reading Your answer It doesn't seem to be this way.When building my airports I have also observed moving tower location, not only elevation but also position and I can't explain why it happened. I hope I shed some light on Your problem.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Thanks for your help Goran.I downloaded and used AFCAD to reset the tower elevation and it looks like that did the trick.~~Allen

Hi Goran,>When building my airports I have also observed moving tower >location, not only elevation but also position and I can't >explain why it happened. I somewhere read that if you load a flight and the *.flt file includes a tower section this will override the location and elevation defined in the scenery ...Dirk