Sign in to follow this  

LWMDraw4 beta 2

Hi Ken,Same problem with "tabctl32.ocx" error for me.I have W98 se,not XP ,and LWMdraw 3 is quite OK.ThanksDaniel

>Same problem with "tabctl32.ocx" error for me. >I have W98 se,not XP ,and LWMdraw 3 is quite OK. I forgot to mention it, but i also had that problem. I made a search on Google and found this site:http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/suppo...me=TABCTL32.OCXFrom there, I downloaded just the dll into my Windows/system32 directory, renamed it from TABCTL3N.OCX to TABCTL32.OCX and finally manually registered the file in the Windows registry (just read the explanation on how to do it on that download site...very simple procedure). That solved my problem and LWMdraw works fine!BamceEFHN

Thank you for the tip Bamce.LWMdraw4 works fine now.Daniel LFNA

Guest lmoelleb

>Hi lmoelleb! >I am thinking about the same things as You do in first 3 >points of Your post but it is not so easy to do programm all >of thisI have been fooling a bit arround in the .Net frameworks 2D drawing functions, and so far it looks like it should be VERY easy to program these three points. It's repeating all Ken's code to generate the BGL source code that really sucks. :)>, especialy if You remember, that Ken actually >started programming in VB with this programm. I think he did >a lot of work here and I must say (as a programmer) that his >work is really impressive. Yes, no complains there, but still, I think he will start to have too much a strugle with VB to keep driving the userinterface forward - I hope he proves me wrong.>I also thought of making a program similar to LWMDraw and >AutoASM (together) because right now I have a problem with >roads. Roads in Slovenia in FS are way of reallity and they >should span many kilometers and I really need a program, >that would make a straight line (for example) across let say >5 LOD13 quadrants with only few points. Falko's program is >really helpful here but the problem is, that for 20km long >road it uses 120 points... I was thinking about making such >software and as an open source project where some of us >could join and make universal program for making roads, >shorelines, LWM, VTP polys etc... And if I remember that I >made a whole 40km of Slovenian coast with LWMDraw and spent >whole day making it and how much faster could it be if the >LWMDraw could span across some LOD13 (maybe also LOD8) >quadrants... As far as I can see, the problem with spanning larger sections is not really when you cross areas and cells (I prefer the official MS terms). It is that sooner or later, the fact that the earth is round is going to effect the projecttions of the images used as background. I have no idea if this becomes a problem over 20km or 2000km, but suspect it is somewhere inbetween. :)>Unfortunatelly I am allmost whole day at work, so I have a >big lack of time to make such a program on my own. So I >would rather propose to make an open source project to make >it (named for example FS Land Creator). >Regarding development environment I would not bother if it >is done in .net. For many of users this would mean >downloading 20MB update for .net and I think that for such a >programm time has not come to make it in .net although this >would make a really universal project. This means that if >some of us would join this way, some of us could write parts >in Delphi, others in VB, C... I have been forcing people do do it for EditVoicepack, and very few people are actually complaining (to me at least). When they do, I simply tell them that even though it might take them some hours to download it over their modem, it is nothing compared to the time it would take me to program it in a legacy environment... It helps a bit that they have nowhere else to go for updateded callsigns, so take it or leave it. :)>I would prefer Delphi, because for end user it would mean, >that he or she does not need to download any VBRunxx.dlls >and other updates and of course, I programm with it for some >years now. :)I am not aware of how powerful Delphi is on the graphics side. If it is using GDI (the native Windows drawing functions as it has been since Windows 95) compared to .Net's GDI+ I would not even consider starting.I know I would not join the project if it's Delphi, but that should not stop the rest of you from making a program I can use. :)> Anyway, I think we should gather and together >produce some kind of universal program to make these things. >Ken and CWright are on the way to do it and RhumbaFlappy is >master of LWM/VTP art :) I am currently working on some basic stuff I would need for other purpose anyway. It should be able to render the background bitmaps as mentioned. It is taking quite a while, as I am doing it "the right way", with XML serialization, multithreaded repaints, full Undo/Redo functionality in the data model, all other time consuming stuff that is nice to have later. It's a pain to do, but if it isn't done from the start it will be even worse to add it later.When I am done with this (if I don't get distracted and move on to something else), I will take a look arround to see if Ken (or someone else) has some code that can generate coastline over larger areas, and with save/load/edit. If it exist, I will use it (photoshop can do the image manipulation anyway) and move on with my project. If it isn't available I will consider if it's worth it to put into my own code, or make it possible for other people to start contributing. I guess I will be ready for this step sometime between tomorrow and the year 2135 around noon (you are welcome to send an email at that time if I forgot to post here that I'm done). :)/Lars